Technical Fast Defrost Error

Currently reading:
Technical Fast Defrost Error

dirtboxden

i have a Fast Defrost/Demist Error that is when i press the button it signals on the dash that the front left door is open for about 30secs then disappears
let me state that it does not really effect anything and causes me no problems
2014 1.3 mulitjet 500l

any ideas of where to start would be great, i do have multiECUscan but its doesnt seem to be giving anything that i can see would relate to the problem
could it be a dodgy earth ??

any ideas or any help would be great

thanks for your time

i have a Fast Defrost/Demist Error that is when i press the button it signals on the dash that the front left door is open for about 30secs then disappears
let me state that it does not really effect anything and causes me no problems
2014 1.3 mulitjet 500l

any ideas of where to start would be great, i do have multiECUscan but its doesnt seem to be giving anything that i can see would relate to the problem
could it be a dodgy earth ??

any ideas or any help would be great

thanks for your time
Hi, I have an ongoing similar problem but with the added annoyance that when i depress the demist button the cabin lights come on and the central locking deactivates, press the button again and all goes back to as was.

Hi, I have an ongoing similar problem but with the added annoyance that when i depress the demist button the cabin lights come on and the central locking deactivates, press the button again and all goes back to as was.
its funny as this is a more then a one off problem, iv heard a few people saying they have this safe problem yet no one can even shed any light on it....makes no sense to me

2016 1.3 trekking diesel model,I also have this demist problem but in addition the dashboard says front door open.i know that one of my glow plugs flashes up an error but can't think this would be related

Last edited:
i have multiECUscan and that doesn't even chuck up any electrical problems but it is a common fault so there must be a fiat mechanic somewhere who knows what the problem is and how to fix it, its just a case of finding them

Back