General Far Too Sensible!!

Currently reading:
General Far Too Sensible!!

Stilomeister

End of an era!
I've been starting work early lately, and found myself taking it a bit easy. My journey's about 20 miles & all the traffic lights seem to be on green as well. At around a steady 60mph I've got the reading up to this!

DSC000946.jpg
[/IMG]

What's the record?

'52 Fiat Stilo 1.9JTD 115 Dynamic, 3dr, Orion Grey, Chipped to 140BHP, 17"Jet Alloys

Trouble is I get a little twitch every time a Golf TDi pulls along side! Bad influence these Stilos :devil:

Trouble is I get a little twitch every time a Golf TDi pulls along side! Bad influence these Stilos :devil:

I had this problem yesterday with a Mondeo ST. I left him convincingly and before somebody says he wasn't trying then you had to be there to know what really happened. Not bragging and not proud of myself but the outcome is as I have said. I bet my MPG was arounnd the 30mpg at the time though.

I had this problem yesterday with a Mondeo ST. I left him convincingly and before somebody says he wasn't trying then you had to be there to know what really happened. Not bragging and not proud of myself but the outcome is as I have said. I bet my MPG was arounnd the 30mpg at the time though.

I know this is the opposite of the thread, but I gave a Honda Accord 2.2CDTi a right run recently! You know the one where, you can imagine him looking in the mirror and thinking " He's still just behind me" :) I wouldn't mind but I'm 41 :D But it does go well.

So what what happened then Bozzy - not racing in a built up area I hope :(

A BMW Z3 got away from me using that trick until I reached the de-regulated sign :slayer:

Argo, at 44 common sense prevails. Easily the quietest dual caraiageway and one with miles of visibility and also a road I take every day of my life. Joining the carriageway he decided he wanted me out of the r/h lane despite a few cars on the left so I couldnt yield. I pulled away and he tried to keep up. The gap kept growing. I took a very long bend at high speed and as I looked in the mirror I could see him desperate to hold the bend which he did but still the gap grew. A mile into the road a Golf decided to pull out on me and this slowed us both down again and we repeated the incident. Him behind trying to get on my bumper but again he fell back. Only when we came into a 40 zone and I slowed down to that speed did he goose me to within a metre of my bumper and stay there so he got a good look at that JTD badge. No doubt he would have took me if the speeds were above 90 but that's not what this little toe to toe was about. A rare and enjoyable experience.

Incidentally, until he turned left at some lights I had no idea it was an ST. Had it been a standard Mondeo I would not have even posted a comment.

best I've done is 57.5mpg, As for Mondeo ST's, people forget it's torque that counts not horsepower. Anyone remember the Top Gear clip where a 1600 Stilo MW beat an Imprezza I think form 30 - 60 in top gear. It's on the Forum somewhere.

I know mines not a JTD but my 1.2 did wigan to bromsgrove and back run yeilded 50 odd mpg and the other day i did wigan - pontefract- sheffield-wigan (comming back on the snake pass) 200 miles at 50mpg on the nose, and used less than a 1/4 of a tank.

Think I hit 60+mpg going the lakes once, but i was only doing about 60 on the motorway.

got 500+ miles out of tank before now as well!

Anyone remember the Top Gear clip where a 1600 Stilo MW beat an Imprezza I think form 30 - 60 in top gear. It's on the Forum somewhere.

It was an Evo FQ300/340 on an almost 2 mile runway IIRC.;)

A Golf TDI what? 90, 110, 130 or 150bhp?

Ive noticed on a good drive my 1.6 gets up to 45ish mpg but the ol commute is more like 35mpg!

Still getting used to driving it so hopefully those numbers will improve! :D

Back