FAO Tom or anyone mechanically/fuel minded

Currently reading:
FAO Tom or anyone mechanically/fuel minded

W

Wickford Jay

Blushing This morning while filling up my cab with fuel, it was 6.35am, I realised I was putting in unleaded and not diesel!!
As soon as I realised I took the nozzle out and went and paid for £8.44 of unleaded, 10.97 litres.
Now, I didn't start the engine at all, just called my local garage to come and tow a very embarassed Wickford Jay to their garage. When we got to the garage, some hour and a half later, one of the mechanics said he reckoned I would have been alright to start it up and drive away, it had almost 3/4 of a tank of diesel, one of the others said I'd better get it drained. It is an X reg Galaxy Tdi, what do other people reckon, is it worth paying the £80 for them to drain the tank, or risk it??

All help appreciated.

A

Anonymous

from my point of view id get it drained better to be safe!
nick

T

Tom

Drain it. Petrol does bad things to diesel injectors and pumps.

S

Smee

safer to drain but i THINK u can drive it. just keep topping it up so it dilutes it more and more

Smee

2597smeetag1.jpg

OP
OP
W

Wickford Jay

Thanks fella's, I've called them up and told them to go ahead, they're doing alright out of me this week, £80 for this today, and its going in tomorrow for a new CV Gaitor and Track Rod End, another £92 Oh well, more hours to be worked this week to pay for it, not seeing as much of the family, ferrying all the drunk and disorderly lot about at the weekend, I can't wait!