FAO Tom...or anyone else who is mechanically minded!

Currently reading:
FAO Tom...or anyone else who is mechanically minded!

P

Paul R

As you know i have recently bought my new car...

I have noticed that my clutch peadle slowly falls away, eventually it doesnt have enough travel to allow me to change gear, but if i lift the peadle back up again it works perfectly again?

Does the clutch need bleeding?Does the clutch peadle have a small damper or spring attached to it? if so this may need replacing...

All help from anyone is apreciated

Thanks alot

Paul R

Re: Re: FAO Tom...or anyone else who is mechanically minded!

Is it a must? Mine does exactly the same, over the space of 5-6 months the travel in the clutch gets less and less, but if I put my foot behind the pedal and lift it back up, its ine again?
Should I get this looked at then?

Re: Re: Re: FAO Tom...or anyone else who is mechanically minded!

Mine is much worse that that, i can only take a couple of trips before i need to lift it back again. £50, is that the most it will cost?

Must i do it asap? or can it wait? just thinking of money :( i know its only £50 but alot of my pennies a taken with other commitments :( (student life)

Thanks again tom

Paul R

Re: Re: Re: Re: FAO Tom...or anyone else who is mechanically minded!

Worth getting it looked at, it may just need a gob of grease on the pedal but it should lift itself easily.

Have a look ontop of the gearbox, if its leaking there will be a puddle of fluid.

Then again it might be one of the odd bravos with a cable clutch.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: FAO Tom...or anyone else who is mechanically minded!

Its a 99 T-reg..with 48,000.

I will have a look for a puddle of oil, if so is that bad?

Thanks again

Paul R

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: FAO Tom...or anyone else who is mechanically minded!

Its a 99 T-reg..with 48,000.

I will have a look for a puddle of oil, if so is that bad?

Thanks again

Paul R

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: FAO Tom...or anyone else who is mechanically minded!

Mines a 2000 V reg 155 HGT

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: FAO Tom...or anyone else who is mechanically minded!

It needs bleeding, my car has travel in it. If your slave cylinder went then you'd not be able to change gear smoothly at all. 1ST GEAR will be a pain in the arse.

I recon you've got air in the brake lines.

Joske

Hmmmm let me see... nope i dont no

i wish i was mechanically minded! I wish i had a mind .Lol.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: FAO Tom...or anyone else who is mechanically minded!

Funnily enough, in the really cold spell we had, first thing in the morning I had trouble putting car in gear, but since then its been fine.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: FAO Tom...or anyone else who is mechanically minded!

I will try bleeding it first, if that dont solve it then i will look at the slave...

It changes gear perfectly once i raise the pedale back up to the normal position!

Thanks every1, helped me out again :)

Paul R

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: FAO Tom...or anyone else who is mechanically minded!

You bleed it at the slave cyl :)

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: FAO Tom...or anyone else who is mechanically minded!

Yeah, thats down near the right hand side of the engine bay isnt it?

I will look at my haynes manual!:)

Paul R

Thanks again tom.