FAO Tom or any other ice god! (components again)

Currently reading:
FAO Tom or any other ice god! (components again)

not heard the quality of them but the POLK MOMO sub is pretty good 400watt rms and some 1 was runing 2 at 900rms with out aproblem :)
Smee

Polk used to be very good, not heard them since they went all chav with the momo brand though.

chav... momo.... u want to run that past me tom... polk momo isnt chav i dont know a chav that can afford any of there stuff

Smee

2597smeetag1.jpg

Not heard them, can't say. My usual recomendation in that price range would be the Aplines.

Question is Smee-can you afford my Styrofoam? Have you decided how much you want or not?!

Ben.

Momo has nothing to do with audio though, they branded them momo to appeal to the sort of people who have momo gear nobs etc..

from the sets i have heard paul they arnt to shabby havent had a listen of that particular set but the predecessor model wernt bad. i stil am in love with my focals tho lol. just b carefull with what u pick cos u know how powerfull that amp u have is and what it can do to cheep speakers lol

im gonna have a go at a fiberglass boot build when im back at uni if u fancy a play my installis far to heavy need to hunt down that second hx2 power sub tho they get rare'r rare'r by the day lol

Im Driven to Earn, and I Earn to Drive......

cheers ash, them speakers cost £139 not long before i got them!i have the reciept :( but yes i dont know what happened there!

i need so components really soon, i keep watching focals on ebay but they i always for get the bidding bit!

i am doing a fibreglass install at uni as well, we can make a weekend of it!

@tom, you really wont let me forget them alpines!lol... would you say those focals meet or are close to focals?

again cheers for all you time, and i have to say i think the momo stuff is chavy looking but i am sore the quality is still good!

Paul R

The alpines were not too far off the quality of my £700 rainbows.

If you want something that can take a lot of power and go loud you might want to look at something a bit more robust, but then you are in the realms of the polykevlars, CDT, Morel etc... How much power do you have on tap?

Didn't you have some audiobarn components?

yes i had some audiobahn comps, me and ash wiired them in and ashs side shorted out (@ ash ;) ) they were 5.25inch and i think they were 120wrms but they were fried...

i have a fusion amp which (if it still works as the amp my have been at fault with the whole shorting thing) has 4x250w/4x125rms but can be bridged to 2x250wrms.

i obviously want loud but i dont want **** quality with it, i have heard that after 120ish quid you dont get much more for your money (would you agree?) and i have 2000wrms of sub in the boot so they need to be strong, i have been think of jl audio stuff but dont know there range at all so dont know what is good. i know there 3ways are good heard them of a soundstream amp but can not find them for less then £270

i have audio stuff :(

do you want to sell me some focals tom? ;)

Paul R

You can get very good stuff for notalot of money, but you can also spend alot and get VERY good speakers.

Dynaudios are getting on for £900 and are worth it.

Normally the more you spend the more robust a speaker is. You'd probably fry a polyglass with that power cranked up. Most component sets are rated around the 100W mark.

I'd stick to 2 way as its much easier to get them working well than a 3 way setup.

How about: http://www.morelusa.com/renaissance/sr-62.htm

Those will take the power and ask for more :) Just a tad on the costly side....

i cannot see a price, they seem really powerful for components though...

would the aplines cope with my system?

Paul r

Probably not if you like to crank it up.

How much did you spend on your subs?

through a friend i got them for £200 a pair, but at the time they were costing that each, they are 1000wrms each...

Paul R

So you really want to compromise £400 worth of subs with £100 worth of components? ;)

lol....urm, yeah? what do you think? lol... they are running of an amp with 2300wrms as well so they are being driven?

Paul R

sorry to cut the chat short but have just noticed the time i have to be up in a few hours so will catch up tomo at some point...

again cheers for your time tom...

Paul R

No, I just think you may want to extend your front end budget a bit :)