FAO Tom or any other ice god! (components again)

Currently reading:
FAO Tom or any other ice god! (components again)

A

Anonymous

not heard the quality of them but the POLK MOMO sub is pretty good 400watt rms and some 1 was runing 2 at 900rms with out aproblem :)
Smee

T

Tom

Polk used to be very good, not heard them since they went all chav with the momo brand though.

A

Anonymous

chav... momo.... u want to run that past me tom... polk momo isnt chav i dont know a chav that can afford any of there stuff

Smee

2597smeetag1.jpg

T

Tom

Not heard them, can't say. My usual recomendation in that price range would be the Aplines.

M

MYHLX

Question is Smee-can you afford my Styrofoam? Have you decided how much you want or not?!

Ben.

T

Tom

Momo has nothing to do with audio though, they branded them momo to appeal to the sort of people who have momo gear nobs etc..

A

Ash

from the sets i have heard paul they arnt to shabby havent had a listen of that particular set but the predecessor model wernt bad. i stil am in love with my focals tho lol. just b carefull with what u pick cos u know how powerfull that amp u have is and what it can do to cheep speakers lol

im gonna have a go at a fiberglass boot build when im back at uni if u fancy a play my installis far to heavy need to hunt down that second hx2 power sub tho they get rare'r rare'r by the day lol

Im Driven to Earn, and I Earn to Drive......

P

Paul R

cheers ash, them speakers cost £139 not long before i got them!i have the reciept :( but yes i dont know what happened there!

i need so components really soon, i keep watching focals on ebay but they i always for get the bidding bit!

i am doing a fibreglass install at uni as well, we can make a weekend of it!

@tom, you really wont let me forget them alpines!lol... would you say those focals meet or are close to focals?

again cheers for all you time, and i have to say i think the momo stuff is chavy looking but i am sore the quality is still good!

Paul R

T

Tom

The alpines were not too far off the quality of my £700 rainbows.

If you want something that can take a lot of power and go loud you might want to look at something a bit more robust, but then you are in the realms of the polykevlars, CDT, Morel etc... How much power do you have on tap?

Didn't you have some audiobarn components?

P

Paul R

yes i had some audiobahn comps, me and ash wiired them in and ashs side shorted out (@ ash ;) ) they were 5.25inch and i think they were 120wrms but they were fried...

i have a fusion amp which (if it still works as the amp my have been at fault with the whole shorting thing) has 4x250w/4x125rms but can be bridged to 2x250wrms.

i obviously want loud but i dont want **** quality with it, i have heard that after 120ish quid you dont get much more for your money (would you agree?) and i have 2000wrms of sub in the boot so they need to be strong, i have been think of jl audio stuff but dont know there range at all so dont know what is good. i know there 3ways are good heard them of a soundstream amp but can not find them for less then £270

i have audio stuff :(

do you want to sell me some focals tom? ;)

Paul R

T

Tom

You can get very good stuff for notalot of money, but you can also spend alot and get VERY good speakers.

Dynaudios are getting on for £900 and are worth it.

Normally the more you spend the more robust a speaker is. You'd probably fry a polyglass with that power cranked up. Most component sets are rated around the 100W mark.

I'd stick to 2 way as its much easier to get them working well than a 3 way setup.

How about: http://www.morelusa.com/renaissance/sr-62.htm

Those will take the power and ask for more :) Just a tad on the costly side....

P

Paul R

i cannot see a price, they seem really powerful for components though...

would the aplines cope with my system?

Paul r

T

Tom

Probably not if you like to crank it up.

How much did you spend on your subs?

P

Paul R

through a friend i got them for £200 a pair, but at the time they were costing that each, they are 1000wrms each...

Paul R

T

Tom

So you really want to compromise £400 worth of subs with £100 worth of components? ;)

P

Paul R

lol....urm, yeah? what do you think? lol... they are running of an amp with 2300wrms as well so they are being driven?

Paul R

P

Paul R

sorry to cut the chat short but have just noticed the time i have to be up in a few hours so will catch up tomo at some point...

again cheers for your time tom...

Paul R

T

Tom

No, I just think you may want to extend your front end budget a bit :)