FAO Tom or any other fiat/alfa guru?

Currently reading:
FAO Tom or any other fiat/alfa guru?

P

Paul R

Hi

I am getting very close to buying an alfa head of a 1.8TS and fitting it to mine....

Just wondering, do you know for definate that the blocks in the fiat 1.8 and the alfa 1.8 are the same? Also wondering what head work can be done to the alfas head before i fit it?

As this idea is becoming more and more a reality to me as it will give me the extra power i want without swapping my block out (so they all still match up etc) is there any tips you can give me? Will my supersprint be sufficient enough? and my intake etc?

I have talked to a couple of blokes who think that it is just a case of swapping heads! is it really that simlpe?

Many thanks

Paul R

Not a ****ing clue :)

My GUESS would be the manifolds are different.

I'd also leave the head well alone, you can get a few % gain from a good port job but more likely a few % loss from a bad one. Gone are the days of badly designed heads and quick gains from a hours work with a die grinder.

lol... :) I HAVE DONE IT!!!!! I HAVE MADE TOM SPEAKLESSS!!!!! I ASKED THE IMPOSSIBLE QUESTION!!!!! :) :) :) :)

Here is one you will probably know,,,,things like my drive shafts, would they need replacing? in an ideal world i know the answer would be yes but will mine not cope with the extra 30bhp? Has yogis changed his?

Now back to the head, the bodyshop i worked at had vauxhall mervias as courtesy car! and as all courtesy cars get looked after so well one ran out of water and done in the head gasket!! i had to spin the valves by hand in each port! now someone said that what every i had done to this head (just spinning it in and out, in and out etc) made this little courtesy car go like stink!!!! now was this a fluke?? or is that how head work is done? If so i will love doing that to the alfa head!! i enjoy doing things like that!

Thanks again (sorry about the long posts!)

Paul R

I guess so...just running the valves in and out!! I have driven the little vaux since and its definaftly quicker then the others!

Paul R