FAO Tom/Nige

Currently reading:
FAO Tom/Nige

B

BIG AL

Hey guys u seem to be guys who know there stuff and i can trust so here goes..

Had my 1.8 Bravo for 18months. Had no spark plugs changed until just recently, the car wasnt starting well. Bought some Champion plugs from Fiat and were fitted yesterday from my local garage. All today the car has struggled to start similar to the old plugs.

Whats going on; does it take time for plugs to wear in or is it somethings else??

Help would be appreciated.. cheers guys

Allan

No

Plugs dont need a wear in period - its somethng else!

What do you mean when you say struggle - constant tick over but no fire? The starter is spining at full speed!

Sorry to break in on your post boss!

Kev

Re: No

Work backwards, try the leads next, swap the coils round etc

Re: Re: No

1.8 has no plug leads, it has 4 coils each one built into a plug cap.

Does it run fine otherwise? Start first time when hot etc..?

Re: Re: Re: No

Thanx Tom.. the car is running ok but using a lot of petrol. usually starts first time when hot just when cold is the prob. it ticks over then stops and starts ticking again... but is struggling to spark

Re: Re: Re: Re: No

OK, what does the temp guage do as you are driving? Does it sit around halfway or does it drop below 1/4 when you are moving and rise when you stop?

If it wasn't drinking fuel I'd say idle valve but it could be temp sensor.

Age and milage?

Just as a check, take the air filter out and see if it starts easier from cold. (obviously don't drive about with it missing, thats bad)

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: No

ermm the temp guage is ok...it sits low then when u stop it rises like normal. The filter i have is a piper vortex filter and is dirty i need to clean it..would that cause it not to start easy?

cheers bud

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: No

Define 'sits low'. Is it below 1/4 on the guage when driving?

Clean the filter :)

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: No

Yup it sits below 1/4..

i pressume the filter being cleaner helps with the fuel economy

allan