FAO Nige, Tafi, Tom or any other Alfisti !

Currently reading:
FAO Nige, Tafi, Tom or any other Alfisti !

R

Roberto

Guys...your honest opinions on an Alfa 146 1.7 16v on an N plate ?

Mileage unknown.....what's the engine like ?

Rob

My New Objet Du Désir

its the boxer engine. its a very good engine and a very good car. i say if the price is right go for it.

Tafi

Guy wants just shy of £1600 for it. Didn't get a really good look because the dealer was shut, but interior and exterior looked pretty good. It's done in that dark "racing" green, with the pepperpot alloys. Couldn't see the mileage as it's a digital mileometer. Still sound good to you Tafi ?

Rob

My New Objet Du Désir

You know as much as anyone else Roberto.... you are buying a £1,600 2nd hand Alfa Romeo and therefore you are going to experience what every Alfisti loves, two days a week with either the bonnet up or the thing on axle stands.
Buy it if you have a comprehensive took kit and somewhere to work OR find a local independant that you can trust.
The 145/6 was a good drivers car but not the most well stuck together Alfa. Good ones are rare (Tafi's got it!) though so its buyer beware. IMO your better bet would be a 155 2.0 T Spark.

worshipalpha.gif

Thanks Nige, that's all I wanted to know :) No point me buying a car like that if I need to save my pennies. Like I've said before, I need a family hatchback or bigger so I can get the push chair in, more importantly, something that Jackie can get the push chair in ;)

I'm just wary of selling the Sei, which has been very reliable, and getting a donkey that will end up costing me money that I haven't got. I'm not too fussy about what make or model, although FIAT would be good because of my brother working for a FIAT dealer and his ability to get parts and labour cheap. Saying that, they service all makes there, so that's probably not an issue.

Anyway, thanks Nige and Martin.....most appreciated as usual :)

Rob

My New Objet Du Désir

just out of interest rob, would you have another bravo if one came up?

1.jpg

Yes, I would. Especially if it was a JTD.

Rob

My New Objet Du Désir