FAO Forum Veterans: Find your first post!

Currently reading:
FAO Forum Veterans: Find your first post!

Yes! I've got nothing better to do this afternoon. So I thought that since I've been around on this forum (on and off) for such a long time I would try and find my first ever post!

How young and naïve I was back then - right at the start of a journey with a little red FIAT :)

Here it is:

<font size="6"></font id="size6">This may seem like a pathetic question, but I just bought a cinq I went to use the cigar lighter for my CD player - the previous owner was obviously a smoker, since it was so clogged up with burnt tobacco and sh*t that it no longer works. I've bought a new one from Halfords, but the connector isn't the same... what hooks up to where, and which fuse is it in the fuse box under the steering column..? Anyone got a clue? :I

The Cinqmeister (not so much of a circuitmeister)
a.k.a. Mike

Hello i have a kenwood headunit apparently with a preout voltage of 1.8 i have wired up my JBL 75.2 Amp everythin gd:slayer: but inphase 15" sub just get hot(n) . Does anybody know a way to accuratly set the input sensitivity on my amp, Tried doing it by ear already:bang:
Thanks in advance Stu

I think that might be it! (With a little help from Google) ;)

Last edited:
Found it, here https://www.fiatforum.com/ulysse/3190-new-ulysse-connect-nav.html - posted 12/9/2003.

Just purchased a new Ulysse 2.2JTD Eleganza with options.

One of these was the full Connect Nav + system. However, the main dealer knows nothing about it, and we are all having trouble registering the vehicle with Connect because we don't know where to find the 10 digit Connect Code in my vehicle. I have spoken to some one on the Connect helpline, but she said I had to speak to main dealer. Main dealer spoke to same person, and gave same info.

I have tried going through Config and Telematics menu options, but all it says is Connect and Roadside Assistance deactivated.

Any idea where I can find the code?????

Overall, great car, great engine. All the family love it. Lot of mags slagged it off as not being a drivers car. My other car is a 2 litre Ghia X Mondeo, running on Optimax! But I get just as much enjoyment from the Ulysse.

My life back then was so so different :eek:

I had been reading the Bravo/a section for a long time before my first post. Not very interesting but this is it;

Id spent a year phoning scrap yards looking for a wing in colour code 387/A then I found out the code sticker in my car was wrong! The sticker was from a Brava. I never found out why my old 1.4 had the wrong paint code sticker and I never did change the wing.

Hi All

I am after a passenger side front wing in colour code 387/A (very Light purple/gray)
(The colour code can be found on the back of the boot lid on a black and silver sticker.)
I am looking for a wing in perfect or near perfect condition, with the corrrect colour code.
Car is; Fiat Bravo P-Reg 1996

Or If you see one in a scrap yard let me know ;)
Thanks

This is my first car I have had it for just over a month and am loving it,
It has only done 30,000 miles and I am taking really good care of her ;)
Unfortunately the previous owner dented the wing.

Here's mine from 30/3/2004:

Hello everyone,

I've been scanning the forums looking for some advice about the clutch problems on the wife's 1994 Forza 1.4: After pumping the pedal five or six times the pedal stays down and the gears are impossible to engage/disengage. Then if you pump or press it again it slowly returns and is fine. After reading about similar problems in the Uno forum, it would seem to suggest the master cylinder is at fault. What do you guys think? We changed the slave cylinder last year and there are no leaks (or so it seems). If it is the cylinder that is at fault do you suggest I go for a repair kit or replace the whole thing? I've been quoted £70 for the cylinder from the Fiat garage but they don't do a repair kit. Does anyone know where I can get one from?

Secondly has anybody else ever had the spring from on top of the clutch pedal fall out? I put it back on but it doesn't seem to have anything to attach to....Is this right? I imagine it's just there to act as a damper for the pedal?

Cheers guys,

:)

:D

Mine from 10.04.2006

Hi, ive got a punto Mk1, like yours, and like you dont really want it looking "crazy", (not really into the Max Power thing), ive added Fox alloys, got them off ebay for £50 (it was a bargin) and only added £30 to my insurance!!! :D

ha ha.

I have been looking for a spoiler for my Uno for a few weeks now and have so far had no luck. I came across this photo :

90946021_200.jpg

and well.. the spoiler on that is ideal and exactly what im looking for. Does anyone know where i can get one similar in the uk? preferably mail order?

Also, i recently debadged my bootlid only to find that the badges were attatched with glue and some little pins... anyway, i now have 4 little holes in the bootlid but i have filled them in with some little caps. Does anyone know where i could purchase a completly flat bootlid and a bumper to hold the number plate?

Something along the lines of :

Uno%20Mk%20I%20SVR.jpg

but without the badges.

Thanks for ur help

That was mine from the 2nd october 2003! Never got any replies :cry: Pics don't work any more. Dread to think what spoiler I was talking about. probably some giant wing monstrosity! :D

Quite civilised really. Not a single lol or even a swear word. Nothing like the **** i've turned into :p

Btw. If you have over 1000 posts. Search for posts by your username but tell it to list them in ascending order so it starts with your first post up to your 1000th.
W

Back