Styling Fake bonnet vent

Currently reading:
Styling Fake bonnet vent

kezza92

Hey people,
I know your all going to hate my guts for this, but me and my mates came across this contraption lol...

Btw I'm definitely not a chav or a boy racer lol...

http://bestofferbuy.com/Car-Hood-Sc...ource=gbase&utm_medium=cse&utm_campaign=gbase

I've always been a big fan of bonnet vents, but to fit one (properly), your talking hundreds of pounds by the time you've bought it, painted it, cut the hole and fitted it! Which I definitely will never pay regardless of how much I like them lol...

I've been really considering this fake vent, there's other ones out there and I recall one or two threads on the forum where people have had them.

It's self adhesive, which means even mechanically useless people like me can fit it...

My questions are, is it going to possibly get pulled off by car washes, and what happens if water settles inside it, will it run out/evaporate or will it settle causing problems?

I'd really love to get one but I don't want it to cause problems!

Thanks,
Kieron

even if it does settle inside it, DIY it, drill/file some ridges on the front to let water out in the corners? and if your fitting it, maybe use some tigerseal just to make sure it stays there if your worried.. but i would imagine they make it strong enough to hold its self on at fast speeds so car wash should be fine... also may want either paint or get some black vinyl and stick it on bonnet area its covering so looks like its going into a 'dark engine bay' ;)

Il be honest i bourght 1 of these for my clio mk1 and it didnt look the best, there not a proper vent they arnt made the best either i surrgest u get 1 from ebay and pay that bit more for quiality

Thanks a lot for the advice, might be a job for the local garage if I do get one lol.
And BTG do you mean buy a proper vent off eBay or a fake one?

Thanks a lot BTG, like all of em especially the GTR style one!
Only problem is, I'm on a veryyy limited budget lol, and to have them painted is gonna cost a fait bit :/

Only problem is, I'm on a veryyy limited budget lol, and to have them painted is gonna cost a fait bit :/
if you go 2 the ryt place u can spray it yaself for next 2 nothing just a can or 2 of primer then the paint and then lacka the living s**t out of it its easy when u know how(y)

Dont bother - Doing it right wont be cheap.

A waft of paint & sticking it on will look crap. More to the point - without other mods to go with it, the car will look like its got your rich mate's bonnet dropped on.

Last edited:
Oh yeah I plan on doing other mods too, so fair enough it will look out of place, but after a little more time I'll have had a bit more done to it :)
And yeah I agree that doing it the cheap way will end up crap in the long run (Y),
thats sort of why I was looking at the fake ones, I know everyone hates fake things lol but it's basically just for appearance, I think they look really cool :)

Back