Technical Failed MOT

Currently reading:
Technical Failed MOT

was going to oulton park on saturday and staying overnight and was goin to drive there but my MOT was due today and my mum thought it would be a good idea to do the MOT on friday, and as expected it failed and i was really annoyed as im a qualified marshall and would of been able to do a lap with it. it failed on brakes which my brakes were really good and i couldnt understand why but hopefully will get it back tonight with new brakes and handbrake:)

it had all gone through and is on new mot certificate so police would of looked at plate and would of seen on computer that theres no mot, but dont really want to be traveling 300 miles or so with no breaks but iv got it back now anyway.

went googling as ive heard different arguments on this
Your MOT is valid until its expiry date even if in the meantime your
car fails the MOT - the original pass is still valid. In fact you can have the Test done up to a calendar month before the expiry date and have the new MOT forward-dated to the expiry date of the existing certificate. So if you have your car Tested during that month and it fails, this gives you time to have the repairs carried out and the car re-tested before the expiry of the original certificate and you are not disadvantaged as a result

Yes you may have a current MOT certificate, but it is an offense to drive an unroadworthy vehicle. Therefore having been advised that a car has failed a test, there would be an offence in driving the car. The computerisation of MOTs means this information is immediately available to the law.

Cheers

D

Gonna say i would never risk driving a car if i was told it had shot brakes, MOT or no MOT and especially on a track, madness!

I think pranksta in this situation did the most sensible thing all round (y)

well youv proved your case then but if id of known that before then i still wouldnt of driven a car with no brakes. i would of even done it know as the brakes need bedding in and with most of the driving on the motorway they wouldnt of got much use, so would of had no brakes.

Back