General Failed MOT

Cinq_Sport_BiG_DaVE said:
SUNSTRIP
STICKY BRAKES
WHEEL BEARING (due to break)
HORN
LIGHT ANGLE

BO11OCKS
Take your sunstrip off and never put it on again.

Sounds like your rear brakes need a good clean and adjustment, fit the bearing while your there.

Get a Punto horn and change the Cinq one, £1 from scrappy and 10mins work.

Speak nicely to the MOT man and get him to aim your light's next re-test.

Liam

Cinq_Sport_BiG_DaVE said:
SUNSTRIP
STICKY BRAKES
WHEEL BEARING (due to break)
HORN
LIGHT ANGLE
wow, your MOT tester isn't very friendly, is he?

Horn is probably the connections at the horn end or the horn itself dead - happens when they get old.

Wheel bearing - front or rear?

Sticky brakes, I'd guess rear? Check the handbrake FAQ.

light angle - A friendly tester would adjust that for you on the test, literally takes half a minute for them - unless the adjusters are broken.

Sunstrip - A nice tester would have warned you to remove it - disagree with the 'bin it' comments. Either fit shorter wipers for the MOT or remove it and fit a new one after. I'm of the view that if you're a short-arse like me they're actually a valuable safety aid when the sun is low in the sky, there's quite a large area around the rear view mirror which can't be covered by the visors.

i agree. bit harsh with the sunvisor but mot testers can be like that. the toyota garage i worked at wasnt a testing station so we used to take them to a place round the corner and 99% of them came back as failures because of the rac card holder just above the tax disc holder!! toyotas came from the factory with these things on the screens! in the end we used to just remove everything from the screen (air fresheners, rac cards, etc) and replace it when we picked them up.

phil :)

Back