General Failed its MOT

Currently reading:
General Failed its MOT

riddick

My 4x4 failed the dreaded MOT for both bottom ball joints... as well as 15 other bits.
My question is, i have just broke a H reg 999cc panda cl and the bottom ball joints are sound, will they fit my 4x4???
I cant remember for sure but will i have to transfer the shockers as well if the 4x4 drive shafts splines etc are compatible..

Any advice is greatly appriciated.

Lee

Bottom ball joint should be the same.

Not sure what you mean by your 2nd question. Are you saying you're going to transfer the whole front hub and will the front drive shafts fit that? If so, yes. As for the struts, I'm not sure if they're the same on 4x4 as 2x4.

You got it,, i want to throw the whole lump on to the 4x4... When i last looked at putting 4x2 shockers on a 4x4 a good 10 years back or more, there was a reason for not fitting them. Not sure if the bottom mounting bolts are spaced differently or something to do with the steering arms?

Lee

The ball joints are the same but the pillars are different so you would need to remove the joints from the pillers and swap them over. You would as cheap getting new ball joints from ebay which are the same for a couple of quid. They are about £12 from the motor factors. They will also need to be pressed out & in.

Cheers Alan.D
Mine appear to be welded? is fitting these considered a DIY job as i have a press available at work? Can only find one seller of bottom ball joints on ebay and he doesnt state panda 4x4, are they common to panda 903cc?

Cheers again
Lee

Back