Technical Factory towbar kit?

Currently reading:
Technical Factory towbar kit?

AusPanda

Has anyone seen or heard of a factory recommended towbar kit (towbar and loom) to suit the Panda 312 TA?

I'm going to buy a towbar and 7-pin loom, prob will have to get one out of the UK or Europe as I think I'll have next to no chance of getting one here in Oz.

Anyone towed with a Panda TA yet? If so, what bar and loom are you using?

I only plan to tow a 400kg camper and the Panda has an 800kg max capacity.

I have the thule removable on my 4x4 ta with the westfalia electric kit.
All good. Not towed a lot, a small erde 121 with rubbish for the tip and a mid size 1100kg payload boat trailer (unladen) which probably weighed around 300kg on its own.
The power of the car dealt with it fine, but the mpg dropped right down.

has anyone heard of the Italian towbar, Umbra Rimorchi? Rameder.eu are selling those, a detachable 70kg/1000kg, for 190Euro. The Westfalia is 349 Euro. AC wiring kit is a further 119Euro, then the killer is going to be shipping to Aus!

has anyone heard of the Italian towbar, Umbra Rimorchi? Rameder.eu are selling those, a detachable 70kg/1000kg, for 190Euro. The Westfalia is 349 Euro. AC wiring kit is a further 119Euro, then the killer is going to be shipping to Aus!

I've just had a quick look at their web site - as their name implies, they're near our Italian home; been in business since 1976; have 9 models of tow bar for the Panda - though it's not obvious which generation each applies to. Their CANBUS cabling costs 150 euros. They specify whether or not the bumper has to be taken off to mount the hitch, whether or not the bumper needs to be modified, and if the mod is visible or invisible.

I'm very busy over the next few days - partly to do with music festivals but also because we'll be back in Umbria in a few weeks - but, if you like, I could give them a ring in the next few days and ask about your specific model and their thoughts on shipping to Australia.

I've just had a quick look at their web site - as their name implies, they're near our Italian home; been in business since 1976; have 9 models of tow bar for the Panda - though it's not obvious which generation each applies to. Their CANBUS cabling costs 150 euros. They specify whether or not the bumper has to be taken off to mount the hitch, whether or not the bumper needs to be modified, and if the mod is visible or invisible.

I'm very busy over the next few days - partly to do with music festivals but also because we'll be back in Umbria in a few weeks - but, if you like, I could give them a ring in the next few days and ask about your specific model and their thoughts on shipping to Australia.

Mate that is very kind of you to offer, but don't worry, I'll have a go making contact with them direct. I like the idea of having an Italian towbar on my Italian car, although it should not really matter!

I ordered the Umbra Rimorchi kit direct and the export dept was very easy to deal with. The kit took 6 days to ship from Italy to Australia! Not bad.

I have had a look through the kit and instructions so I can get a handle on installing it. The towbar itself looks straight-forward; the CAnBUS wiring kit (which is actually from a UK company) looks a bit complex to fit but instructions seem pretty good. The wiring looks OEM quality.

I am pleased with the quality of the towbar and wiring kit after examining it all. Looks good, now just to see how well it fits and works...

Back