General Factory sub help?

Currently reading:
General Factory sub help?

jamesgamby1989

y is saving so difficult?
As an option in the GP you can have a factory sub fitted in the boot by the wheel arch i have been told, is this true? and if so where is the space to fit one?
thanks

jamesgamby1989 said:
As an option in the GP you can have a factory sub fitted in the boot by the wheel arch i have been told, is this true? and if so where is the space to fit one?
thanks

yes your information source is correct (y) i personally wouldn't really call it a sub coz its pretty small and not that brilliant, but it does the job i suppose. i'd say it has the same bass as maybe one 6x9, plus a little extra lol

thats wierd, in my car its on the n/s wheel arch with loads of space underneath and actually does a great job, it doesnt blast out your windows with too much bass but gives you a perfect balance in my opinion and give you a way better and clearer bass than 2 6x9's did in my last car, (although all 6x9's suck anyway)

I had the sub in the boot of my Mk2 Punto and it was great :)

Also in the mk2 most of them had the wires there to fit the sub in after production, just a case of fitting it and plugging it in, not sure if this is the same on the GP?

washinpowder said:
thats wierd, in my car its on the n/s wheel arch with loads of space underneath

Haha you just made me go out in the rain to check if I was right. And mine is def above o/s wheel arch, very wierd, you would think they would have standard fitting postition, mines a sproting, wonder if it varys model to model?

thanks for all the help im going to see where the space is in mine by moving the carpets, and seeing if i can fit an aftermarket sub in there. thanks

VindiVee8 said:
Haha you just made me go out in the rain to check if I was right. And mine is def above o/s wheel arch, very wierd, you would think they would have standard fitting postition, mines a sproting, wonder if it varys model to model?

Mine is drivers side above arch too and I must say it deserves a bit more credit than what its given. Ok it doesn't meet boy racer ear bleeding spec but it gives plenty of Bass especially if you play with the Eq settings etc.

VindiVee8 said:

mines a sporting too lol

is there anyway to remove the carpet on the side of the boot to see where the space is in my car to fit the sub?

Back