Styling Factory rear privacy glass, anyone have it?

Currently reading:
Styling Factory rear privacy glass, anyone have it?

lunchbeers

Established member
As the thread title does anyone have the factory privacy glass on a Panda, or have had their rear windows tinted after the fact?

I'm keen to get mine done, but want it to look factory, not chav spec, just need to find some reliable pictures.

Looking at a 20% or 35% tint perhaps, based on the attached image, I'll be able to decide better when I see examples in the flesh.

Anyone have any thoughts or advice?

Attachments

• IMG-20210512-WA0005.jpg
    IMG-20210512-WA0005.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 152
Last edited:
I've got the factory tints on mine. They're quite dark, but I've no idea what percentage they are. I think they work very well visually on the Cross, because of the way they blend into the black plastic of the 3/4 panel and the rear light surrounds. The whole effect makes the car look lower and less top-heavy (relatively speaking!).

Last edited:
Thanks for your replies guys, I've found a couple of pics, only ones I can say for sure are tinted, are on an Antarctic and they seem extremely dark, I'm hoping for a bit more of a subtle difference between the front and rear windows.

Last edited:
I agree to an extent, it's often more noticeable on lighter-coloured cars, I just don't want that obvious 'barry boy' tint.

Sympathetically done It can look good I think

I agree to an extent, it's often more noticeable on lighter-coloured cars, I just don't want that obvious 'barry boy' tint.

Sympathetically done it can look good I think

Just do a google image search (try Fiat Panda Cross) and you'll find loads of pictures of Pandas of all hues with rear tints. I can't see how a picture of mine, which is covered in grime and green mould at the moment, is going to advance your decision-making process (and anyway, I've never worked out how to upload photos onto here...)

Last edited:
Here's our Empanda, originally built for Serbia market so the rear glass was "clear" - until we received it I wasn't sure if it would have factory dark glass or not.

Having already applied darker aftermarket tint film to our previous '06 Cross and not being completely satisfied with the result (creases in the compound-curve rear screen), I decided to have the tinting done by a professional and after an afternoon of research found a glass shop on the Rome ring-road which would also apply a lighter tint to the front side windows. By the letter of the law, front side windows shouldn't be tinted but I was after the UV protection so this was a must (too many sunburns as a kid in NZ, already had 5 carcinomas removed) and, anyway, I've seen numerous vehicles on the road with them done.

I decided to have the rears done with 80% film and the fronts 20%, very satisfied with the outcome which doesn't look significantly darker than the factory tint. Cost was Euro 230, including 10 year warranty and EU homologation documentation.

Ciao ciao

Attachments

• Yellow Cross b4 window tint.jpg
    Yellow Cross b4 window tint.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 77
  • Yellow Cross w window tint.jpg
    Yellow Cross w window tint.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 77
  • Just washed b_13aug21.jpg
    Just washed b_13aug21.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 49
Looks good. But have they left off a rubber seal? On my 4x4 I have a length of rubber seal between the rear doors and the back side window… on yours it’s not there, so a ‘gap’ of yellow shows instead? (Of course, as always seems to happen, the photo from my iPhone shows sideways!)

Attachments

• D5BA8425-44BC-453B-BE80-89CAF3747EEF.jpeg
    D5BA8425-44BC-453B-BE80-89CAF3747EEF.jpeg
    346.8 KB · Views: 38
Back