Styling Factory rear privacy glass, anyone have it?

Currently reading:
Styling Factory rear privacy glass, anyone have it?

Looks good. But have they left off a rubber seal? On my 4x4 I have a length of rubber seal between the rear doors and the back side window… on yours it’s not there, so a ‘gap’ of yellow shows instead? (Of course, as always seems to happen, the photo from my iPhone shows sideways!)

Mine has the rubber seal, but you can still see yellow in the gap. I guess it just shows up more when your car's not painted in camouflage :D

Looks good. But have they left off a rubber seal? On my 4x4 I have a length of rubber seal between the rear doors and the back side window… on yours it’s not there, so a ‘gap’ of yellow shows instead? (Of course, as always seems to happen, the photo from my iPhone shows sideways!)

Hadn't really noticed that 'yellow gap', I'll attend to it next week (y)

I have some narrow door edge protector stripping which could be suitable.

No doubt the factory rubber seal was eliminated as a "cost reduction" measure, but I'm not really complaining as our Cross is a great example of why it's better to purchase an example which is produced late in the model run - it all seems to be well assembled and runs so smoothly.

My Panda 4x4 Antarctica comes with rear privacy glass as standard, check out google images for Antarctica panda models. I think the black tinted windows help with the contrast on lighter coloured models, the black roof, windows, bumpers and side panels al help to reduce the amount of white, makes the car look 'cleaner' even when it's filthy.

Forgot I hadn't updated this thread, I had uploaded these pics in another thread, I think...

Anyways, 3M 20% tint on all bar front sides and windscreen, quite pleased with it.

Attachments

• 20210612_162935.jpg
    20210612_162935.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 42
  • 20210612_162948.jpg
    20210612_162948.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 41
  • 20210612_162954.jpg
    20210612_162954.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 37
Anyone able to tell me why the images won't display?

Possibly because the file sizes are too large? Yours are a bit larger than the ones that display (of the yellow car) in an earlier post. It works if you click on them however and very good it looks too!

Last edited:
Forgot I hadn't updated this thread, I had uploaded these pics in another thread, I think...

Anyways, 3M 20% tint on all bar front sides and windscreen, quite pleased with it.

Which is the same as the 80% on the Empanda (if I'm not mistaken), just depends which convention is used - quite confusing when you start researching. The glass shop I used has an excellent explainer on their website.....but as it's in Italian no point to insert it here!

Last edited:
So, here's my fix for the dreaded body colour gap at the rear of the rear doors.

First I added a length of black door edge stripping (probably not absolutely necessary, but you can see a couple of mm of yellow otherwise), then I used some of the leftover vinyl decal from the hood cut to a 30 x 29.5mm strip to cover the yellow in front of the rear side window.

What do you think?

Attachments

• door close black close.jpg
    door close black close.jpg
    495.7 KB · Views: 52
  • door close black detail.jpg
    door close black detail.jpg
    525.6 KB · Views: 53
  • door seal done.jpg
    door seal done.jpg
    542.4 KB · Views: 38
  • door seal b.jpg