Technical Factory Head Unit and CD Changers

Currently reading:
Technical Factory Head Unit and CD Changers

FraggleRok

Does anybody know if the standard factory Radio/Cassette Head Unit can control third party changers? If so, what standard of connection does it use?

I've got my eye on a tasty little alpine changer, which I was thinking of connecting to a multi-channel amp (I'll find the room somewhere :)) in order to run a decent set of components..

I suppose it would probably say this stuff in the user guide; but it hasn't actually arrived yet.

Thanks.

1.6 Active 3dr[8]

I'm pretty sure it can control a cd changer as a changer is listed on the options list (Currently lookin at buyin my mrs a 1.4 Active)
Not sure about connections though sorry....

Good luck

Nick

I looked at doing this too!!!!but struggled, could only find one compatible changer to the factory fitted head unit, that was a 6disc sony cdx??-T69 (this has been mentioned in the forum before) cant remember the exact model number but it was definately a Sony with T69 in it.
halfords stock this for around £180 (was when i was looking 6 months ago!!) I got all my info from www.bass-junkies.com, rang them up told them the car and they said there was only this one that was compatible!!!

Fiat Stilo 3dr 1.6 Dynamic, Sassi grey with 17's

Stiloboy's right, the only CD changer that will work with the Stilo's head unit is a Blaupunkt 5 disc changer and you must buy it from a Fiat dealer because they are coded and you must put the code in before the head unit will recognise it. There are quite a few posts about this subject.

2002 Dynamic 5dr Steel grey.

Keep an eye peeled on Ebay, i got my genuine blaupunkt unit, with new glovebox liner and data cable for £158 all in (postage the lot)!

And the key code you speak off is the same idea as the Head Unit, if you plug it in, or disconnect the battery you'll need the code to activate it!

2003 3 Door Stilo 1.2 Active, Sassy Grey, 5 disc CD Changer, plastic wheel trims - and 41.7mpg average so far. Love it, Oh yes!

Back