Technical Factory fit CD, no sound output.

Currently reading:
Technical Factory fit CD, no sound output.

gpz900ra7

Hi guys, I was hoping that someone on this forum can help me with a problem I am having with my 2004 PUNTO (Mk2)

Basically, I was driving along listening to a CD, when all of a sudden, SILENCE!!!!!

I ejected the CD, and still no sound coming from the radio. Popped the CD back in, nothing, still no music.

I removed the head unit(factory fitment) to check the connections on the back, and also checked continuity of the wires leading to the 4 speakers in the cabin, all give a 000 reading on my meter, so no breaks in the wires.

The head unit powers up no problem, just no sound what so ever.

Has anybody else experienced this before, and if so, what did you do to fix this annoying problem?

Many thanks in advance for any help forthcoming :worship:

Cheers guys.

gpz900ra7

the obvious answer is the output transistors have blown
we all die eventually you know:D

were you playing at a very loud volume when it busted?

you say speaker cables all good but surely shurley if you put a multimeter on them all it will tell you is the circuit is complete it wont tell you if youve melted the voice coils as offten happens when an amp clips and blows its brains out

get an aa battery and for a split second power it through a speaker cone,if cone good it will come out or in very quickly with a pop so you know its working at least
remember any longer and voice coil WILLblow up

Thanks for your reply.

It wasn't that loud to be honest, probably about 10, or 11 or so.

I put the meter across the speakers and they are showing continuity as well, so it definitely points to the ouput resistors like you say (n).

Oh well, looks like I'll be on the lookout for another head unit :bang:.

Cheers.

gpz900ra7.

The radio's lock out if theres a short, (wires touching)

is there aftermarket speakers installed?
or has someone been at the wiring.. seen plenty just..twist wires and insulate with 10pence cello tape from corner shop, so its worth alook at the wiring
before buying another radio,

there is also a hidden menu on some of the punto radio's,. look for phone or mute..iknow one of them cuts the volume,

The radio's lock out if theres a short, (wires touching)

is there aftermarket speakers installed?
or has someone been at the wiring.. seen plenty just..twist wires and insulate with 10pence cello tape from corner shop, so its worth alook at the wiring
before buying another radio,

there is also a hidden menu on some of the punto radio's,. look for phone or mute..iknow one of them cuts the volume,

The car audio is as it left the factory, no mods, or tampering anywhere, plus the mute has been tried with no difference.

Cheers.

gpz900ra7.

The car audio is as it left the factory, no mods, or tampering anywhere, plus the mute has been tried with no difference.

Cheers.

gpz900ra7.

if you are good with a soldring iron,
take radio out take it in house and take lid off,

might be a dry joint on circuit board.. or see if a circuit is fizzled out,

its worth alook before flinging it in wheelie bin,

iused to repair them but idont bother anymore..as you can pick them up for a fiver or so from breakers yard,

you can get codes off one of the threads in this forum,
i think S & b has a code calculator too, ;)

Back