General Facia Adaptor?!

Currently reading:
General Facia Adaptor?!

Could anybody tell me what I'm missing with my facia? Its a proper Fiat part (got it mail-order from a Fiat dealer - won't go to my local!) and even came with a nice rubber mat for the hole above the new radio.
There are no clips or anything on it for it to attach itself to the car. Push it in and it looks great, but it is just sitting in place and is not attached. Even then, how is everybody securing the cage of their new radio into the car before putting the new facia on? Again, if I sit my new radio in its cage in the hole where the Fiat radio was, there is no way of locking this in either?
What am I doing wrong?
Thanks.

The autoleads one is blank which is now what i want as i have some switches to fit to it, but the one i've got now has the compartment in it. I cant remember where i bought it from (online though)l but its definately NOT the autoleads one

DaveX said:
Could anybody tell me what I'm missing with my facia? Its a proper Fiat part (got it mail-order from a Fiat dealer - won't go to my local!) and even came with a nice rubber mat for the hole above the new radio.
There are no clips or anything on it for it to attach itself to the car. Push it in and it looks great, but it is just sitting in place and is not attached. Even then, how is everybody securing the cage of their new radio into the car before putting the new facia on? Again, if I sit my new radio in its cage in the hole where the Fiat radio was, there is no way of locking this in either?
What am I doing wrong?
Thanks.

There should be two clips either side to fit into the existing DIN clips for the standard head unit.
Mine were already on it but the do unscrew.
Sounds like yours have been theived!

stilojay said:
haha... well cheers guys, a bent-up coat hanger n set of screw-drivers it is.. if I don't get dragged away by the coppers under suspicition of being a thief I'll attack the dashboard this weekend (y) I've had to buy a couple of tapes the other day cos I have not bought tapes for time... why on earth do manufacturers still put tape players in cars :confused: thought I was behind the times enough with my mini-disc player

I did mine infront of my house on a main road and many people walked past not batting an eyelid. Head this when doing various other installs in front of other peoples houses. No one wants to get involved these days. In the words of Alan Partridge- "this country".

No mind if i was washing and polishing the car outside my house im stopped every 5 minutes by someone and the job takes longer.

why is it that? :(

Big Black Stilo said:
There should be two clips either side to fit into the existing DIN clips for the standard head unit.
Mine were already on it but the do unscrew.
Sounds like yours have been theived!

Sod! Thanks for the reply. I'm trying to picture what you mean. I take it the clips are there to secure the new cage. If so, mine is definately missing them because even though it sits snugly in the bottom half of the double-DIN area, there is nothing to secure it. I was hoping there may be screw holes to connect the cage to the car, but I don't think I have anything. Are these clips a separate part with a number that can be ordered?
One more thing, could I ask how your facia adaptor is clipped to the car? There are no clip holes in the car for it to go on to as far as I can see.

Thanks again.

I blagged mine when I got the car (a whole week now) It is the autoleads cubby hole version - It seems to be a browner colour than the interior - I think it might look abit crap :confused:

I might even see if I can get my hands on the stilo MP3 version of the standard head unit (thats what I really want an MP3 Player ) - anyone know how much these cost ?

Hope this helps,

I could only take pics of the head unit as it is 23.15 and bedtime is soon.

The clips i am on about fit into the dash where these parts on the head unit fit. They are a similar design without the locking bits (circled red).
The pic on the right looks like the fascia should with the front bit and the clip.

If i can get the fascia out tomorrow as i have to sort out a loose telephone wire i'll take a pic

Attachments

• headunit.JPG
    headunit.JPG
    34.6 KB · Views: 83
Big Black Stilo said:
Hope this helps,

I could only take pics of the head unit as it is 23.15 and bedtime is soon.

The clips i am on about fit into the dash where these parts on the head unit fit. They are a similar design without the locking bits (circled red).
The pic on the right looks like the fascia should with the front bit and the clip.

Thanks for the picture. I'll have to take mine out to have a better look (its all secured in with double-sided sticky foam!!) but whereas I obviously have what your picture shows screwed to the side of the original radio, Im adamant that there is nothing like that still sitting in there.

Big Black Stilo said:
If i can get the fascia out tomorrow as i have to sort out a loose telephone wire i'll take a pic.

If you could that would be excellent.

Thanks for your time.

correction, the autoleads one does have the cubby hole, my mistake.. found out the wrong way....*embarrased*

Back