Technical Extra constant fuse?

Currently reading:
Technical Extra constant fuse?

lowaaa

Hi there, got a fiat punto mk2 2004.

I placed in an aftermarket radio a few months back, taking up the slot F44 with an fuse adapter/piggy back (or whatever the correct term is).

I want to add in footwell lights cause I'm constantly dropping stuff in the dark and can't find nothing after. Problem is, which fuse could I use to piggy back the footwell LEDs?

I know that F51 is another cig lighter fuse, but a fuse adapter won't fit there.F33 and F34 are free, but what does that mean? does that mean anything can be plugged in if so are they constantly live?

Also what about F45? It's claimed that F45 is for heated seats which I do not have. If I have a button to turn the LED's on this should be okay to be fitted with the LED strips right? Because the button would essentially turn the LED on and the car would think the 'heated seats' are on, right?

Thank you.

WhatsApp Image 2021-11-09 at 17.37.54.jpeg

Fiat-punto-classic-fuse-box-dashboard.jpg

Do you want them to be always on or slaved to the dash lights? You can use the window circuits for always on (+ when the engine is off for a min or 2).
F51 is the dash lights.

Do you want them to be always on or slaved to the dash lights? You can use the window circuits for always on (+ when the engine is off for a min or 2).
F51 is the dash lights.
I want them to be constantly on :(

I have factory heated seats but that probably does not help you :)

In the engine ECU all the fuses are live with the ignition off. I suppose it must be the same for the BCM? I imagine any unused fuse location that has metal to hold a fuse should work for a piggy pack.
I'll give it a go but will they turn off when the ignition is on and off when it's off or would that not work :s? only way is to try.

I'll give it a go but will they turn off when the ignition is on and off when it's off or would that not work :s? only way is to try.

I am guessing the fuse is always live to feed the high current contacts of a relay. The low current side of the relay to operate the heated seats is then only available when the ignition is on.

Try Fuse 21, 22 and/or 23. I believe they're always live but I could be wrong. I remember there were a few fuses that were always hot but I've completely forgotten which ones, been a while :(. If not, a multimeter would be very handy but you can just use trial and error. Be sure NOT to fiddle with the important fuses i.e. Airbag, ECU etc.

The fuses you can try are below;
F21 - (15A) Audio system
F22 - (10A) Audio system, telephone
F23 - (20A) Central locking (Most likely constantly live. Importantly, if it blows for whatever reason then no big deal)

I've attached a photo so you can see where the fuses are.

All the best!

Attachments

• EN-Fiat-Punto2-blok-salon.jpg
    EN-Fiat-Punto2-blok-salon.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 31
Back