General expansion tank

Currently reading:
General expansion tank

I dont have 1 there I have a pipe that goes from there to the expression tank the only bleed screw I can find like that is behind the lights well inbetween the lights and expression tank

All I can think of is that it's just got the 1 bleed screw then :/

I would put pics on to show you but dont think I can on my iPhone :/

Last thing do I need the engine running whilst bleeding??

Hahahaha I know I'm doing everything to it as it been stood a year or so lol so will I need the engine on to bleed it???? :)

would also say 50/50 mixture is a bit overkill in the UK. 1 part coolant to 2 parts water is sufficient for temps down to -15 degrees celsius.

Stick to the correct 50/50 mix (if the coolant you use actually needs diluting at all).

Coolant that only goes down to -15degC would have been VERY bad news last winter!

just a little hint matt, when i bleed the 899 system i run the engine and pump with my hand the bit that goes into the engine its a big thick pipe at the front goes into the thermostat NOT THE AIR INLET! as not always will the water pump supply the correct amount of pressure when idleing if the pump is old if you find the heating is dying as you idle (when being driven) you need a new water pump or you will loose the headgasket like i did

well i suppose, but i still think it's have been fine.. My cento's were fine.

-15 is bloody cold, see here, its very irregular for it it get that cold.

So -26degC for England as minimum recorded.
We had below -20degC in London last winter!

No point skimping.

We also had several people on here with problems after running over diluted coolant.

that was 1982!!
I'm not trying to argue with you mate, i have always used between 30/70 and 60/40 and never had any issues - its not about skimping, thats just what i thought best as so thats what i've always done. And i have not seen it anywhere stated that 50/50 is the correct mix other than for a specific temperature range which seemed lower than UK temps to me.

Last edited:
Back