General Exhaust

Currently reading:
General Exhaust

Nightwolf_uk

<font face="Verdana"></font id="Verdana">
Hey there people!

I am intersted to know if anyone has had their exhaust modified on their punto, and if so what did you have done, where, how much etc...?
I am considering taking mine to powerflow to get it done. Was wondering what you guys thought, or what guidiance, ideas you have?

[8D]:D

Do it yourself its not that hard. Buy the tubes, bends and boxes and DIY.
Only consider Powerflow if you are absolutely feckin minted. They make out their stuff is cheap, yep the parts are cheap but they mostly charge about £100 an hour. Most systems take 3.5+ hours to make.
In plain English it will rarely be cheaper than £400.
Buy an aftermarket one and fit it yourself.

I have just booked my Mk2 punto in for a custom made exhaust at powerflow. They approximate £170 for a twin 3" round s/s back box. I know of several people who have had a powerflow exhaust system and have had no complaints as yet. Go for it

J.Massey

Hey i'm want my exhaust done aswell thinking taking it to powerflow too!! which punto have you got? i have the 2002 active sport, i want just the backbox just below the bumper i dont want 2 MOD the bumper so thinking gettin Oval or Boxer exhaust in the middle any good? it should cost you about £200+ if you want just the backbox not sure. reply 2 me as soon as poss! thanx

If you only want a back box to make your car sound more powerful instead of actually being more powerful you could contact www.essesxracing.co.uk and buy a Rage back box from them, for about £40 they'll fit it too.

Forty pound for a back box? That wont last two minutes, get it done properly. For the previous message mate i have a 2002 active sport as well. If i interpreted wot you said correctly, i have been told the exhaust in the middle of the bumper wont be possible until you remove the spare wheel wheel, which unfortunately means invalidating your existing warranties, unless you have a kind considerate dealership. Let us know how u got on

J.Massey

sorry evil, i read your message wrong, yeah forty sounds good dont it?, i looked into that and it works out about the same as what powerflow quoted me

J.Massey

I got an exact fit 4" round single exit back box for my punto GT. Made to fit. Cost £165 to buy and £20 to fit. Took less than an hour to fit. No need to touch rear bumper. Looks sweet. Tidy sound when driving. Not loud, sounds perfect with a DV and you are not at the level of nova boys.

http://www.ragexhausts.co.uk

I thought about powerflow £270 fitted for same thing! Too much for me.

Dan

PUNTO GT | BAILEY DV26 | K&N 57I | RAGE 4" ROUND SINGLE EXIT EXHAUST | PIONEER ICE | 140 BHP EST | 0-60 HIGH 7

hi all

i have a punto GT and i have a peco s/s exhaust, DV, boost vavle, air filter and it sound exerlant especially when the turbo kicks in, sounds like a jet.

i just want to know the actual time it take to 0-60? cause i have a mate whos got a nissan 200 sx 2.0ltr turbo 0-60 6.7secs and mine beets his off the start. also my other mate has a 206GTI and i waste that. so does any1 know the actual time?

thanks all

Gav

on fast fiat i got an el-cheapo sportex cat back system with a 3 inch outrolled tailpipe in mild steel for a woopin 110 bucks! not bad with a 18 month guarentee, fits straight on and it sounds minted too!

andy

It dont matter if u win by an inch or a mile ... winnings winning!

hey got my exhaust on my punto mk1 done at powerflow its a center upswept letter box and it cost me £150
for d back section and didnt have to loose spare tyre although the poxy thing is useless.if u get it at powerflow
its tempting to say u want it loud but its a pain in the arse in the long run coz motorway journeys require a packet of paracetamol plus ur girl friend will h8 it. go for sporty sound its quiet till u put foot down.

[^][^][^]the best exhaust advice around for a mk one punto is get a full stainless system PECO BOXER BIG BORE TWO as it gets the airflow out therefore extra horses and sounds great also you get a lifetime guarantee. they are made right here in liverpool but are well known and demon tweeks, merseyspeed, ripspeed stock em! so wot r u waiting for:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

My local Powerflow dealer is Top Gear in Burnley. They are a really good set of lads, well into their cars. I went with my mate while he had his done and the job they did was first class.

He drives a Rover (old mans car, dont tell him i said that!!) and they fitted a decat pipe, 3" stainless steel exhaust system with two 4" pipes out the back for around £300. The quality of the workmanship was excellent and it guaranteed for life. They didnt like the route of the original system as it was restrictive so they moved the system into the best possible postion. I've got a stainless steel back box on my mk2 and its s**te compared to the fact that you can custom design where the tailpipes exit from and what pipes come out. Well worth the extra money, plus if you only want a back box, they'll fit that and you can choose your tail pipes for £165.

Fiat Punto Mk 2 Active

More bass than you can shake a stick at!!

Sony Xplod

Back