Technical Exhaust/performance mods

Currently reading:
Technical Exhaust/performance mods

What would be the benefit of a larger throttle body? I am interested in this idea. But presumably there's a reason Fiat fitted a smaller one?

Plus as we all know the Centos to inspire somewhat, erm... 'spirited' driving, and this makes for less than astonishingly good fuel consumption (for such a small car, esp. with the tiny fuel tank Fiat gives it!). So I am slightly hesitant to do anything that could worsen the rate of fuel consumption and reduce the car's range (I generally get about 260 - 280 miles on a full tank of BP Ultimate/Shell V-Power).

Hold with me on this one:
My Sei 1.1 on 195/45R15 tyres, induction kit, chiped and after market exhaust does about 40 to 45mpg
My Cinq 1.2 on 185/50R14 tyres, GSR kit, chipped, tricker TB did 47mpg on its first tank under my ownership (okay yes 100 miles of that was a single trip driving home on the motorway at 65mph)
StoneNewt's Sei on 195/45R15 tyres and producing +90bhp is doing low 40s to low 50s

So going by this general guide you use less fuel by tuning the car :confused: :slayer:

Back