Styling exhaust for uno?

Currently reading:
Styling exhaust for uno?

I ve been to the demon tweeks site looking for an exhaust but i am not sure wich one will fit my uno. (ie 999cc) also is there an exhaust manifold that i can fit ?

charlieboys93UNO said:
you could always get an uno turbo system!!!! all the hangers and brackets are in the same place too

gives more choice too :D

Problem is you'll need to get some extra bits to build up the standard uno's pipe to the size of the uno turbo's inlet hole. Theres about an 1/2 inch to an inch in it IIRC.

The ansa is direct replacement with no faffin aboot

The turbo exhaust is a slightly different shape, if you compare pics you'l see the differences.

I have an Ansa, and for £80 for a backbox you cant complain!

Supersprint and OMP make exhausts for the 1.0l and demon tweeks sell both of them, but as Luke said racepartsmanchester is where i got my Ansa one from and they were very cheap!

Supersprint make a manifold for the 1.0 and you can fit any exhaust to it.

IIRC = if i remember correctly ;p

chrisunoman said:
The turbo exhaust is a slightly different shape, if you compare pics you'l see the differences.

I have an Ansa, and for £80 for a backbox you cant complain!

Supersprint and OMP make exhausts for the 1.0l and demon tweeks sell both of them, but as Luke said racepartsmanchester is where i got my Ansa one from and they were very cheap!

Supersprint make a manifold for the 1.0 and you can fit any exhaust to it.

IIRC = if i remember correctly ;p

Nice new sig (y)

Cheers Luke!!! (y)

It was in my back collection, thought id bring it out of retirement for a bit! :p

Found it today cos i was bored, nothing to do now ive handed in my dissertation! :D

Its an oval, not sure of the size something like 76x40mm.

That was £90ish from demon tweeks.

Its a group N one (or similar) so you have to look in the motorsport section of the site.

The supersprint is like £230!!!! :eek:

chrisunoman said:
Its an oval, not sure of the size something like 76x40mm.

That was £90ish from demon tweeks.

Its a group N one (or similar) so you have to look in the motorsport section of the site.

The supersprint is like £230!!!! :eek:

Whats the Ansa one sound like chris?
+ have you got any induction or you just running standard air intake??
++ What engine is your uno?
+++ Ive run out of things :p

Sounds a bit meatier, nothing loud or anything, quiet when driving round town but a nice sound when accelerating a bit! :)

Im using the standard airbox, will be modifying it soon to allow more (some ;) ) air flow.

Its a 1.0 atm, im looking into the possibility of a Tipo 1.6 conversion but its the age of the engines ill be transplanting thats putting me off a bit...

chrisunoman said:
Sounds a bit meatier, nothing loud or anything, quiet when driving round town but a nice sound when accelerating a bit! :)

Im using the standard airbox, will be modifying it soon to allow more (some ;) ) air flow.

Its a 1.0 atm, im looking into the possibility of a Tipo 1.6 conversion but its the age of the engines ill be transplanting thats putting me off a bit...

Age wouldnt be much of an issue id imagine, just the condition :confused: :confused:

Strip the block down and clean it all up then should have plenty more left in it :)

As for the sound, the uno engines are wierd, its got a loud spot a 2k revs, 4k and a fairly sweet one near 4.8k

Ive only got 4 gears ya see so gotta get the most outta each gear ;)

And i know what you mean about the air flow. Took mine off earlier and saw the lack of flow. I might move the pipe over about 5 or 6 inches so its by the grill so should flow nicely. That and put in the K&N replacement filter.

Im not that engine-minded, so i wouldnt like to strip the engine down and clean it up cos i wouldnt have a clue where to start!

If i went for the tipo engine id prob buy an engine that had been reconditioned then get the garage near me to do the conversion, but i dont want a conversion thats too complicated as the garage costs involved would be huge!

chrisunoman said:
Im not that engine-minded, so i wouldnt like to strip the engine down and clean it up cos i wouldnt have a clue where to start!

If i went for the tipo engine id prob buy an engine that had been reconditioned then get the garage near me to do the conversion, but i dont want a conversion thats too complicated as the garage costs involved would be huge!

You've got a haynes manual???
Well it pretty much details how to do most things :)

Do it all yourself. Engine minded or not, its the best way to learn! and much more rewarding in the long run. + you learn/gain experience that could be helpful (y)

++ You'll save a shed load of money (always a bonus)

Back