General Exhaust Bracket Rusted!

Currently reading:
General Exhaust Bracket Rusted!

my exhaust bracket on my cinq under the engine, has rusted through, and is causing one hell of a noise, I was trying to find a replacement one, but none on shop4parts and ebay.
I think it should be easyish to fit as the bolts dont seem to be that hard to shift,

any idea where i could find one??

Attachments

• DSC00551.JPG
    DSC00551.JPG
    370.8 KB · Views: 50
  • DSC00552.JPG
    DSC00552.JPG
    336.9 KB · Views: 11
Just come back from getting the part from fiat, put some more WD40 on, but the bolts seem very good condition, gave one a go with a spanner, and it turned a bit, so (y) (y)

Thanks for the help

Sorry to double post, but a new problem has come to the fore.

Changed the bracket, that sorted out one rattle, but the other rattle, seems to be coming from the heat shield around the catalytic converter , I put a peg into the gap and it has stopped rattling for now, but with Edinburgh roads i don't think it will stay in very long:bang: :bang:

Is there anything i can do to wedge or remove the heat shield, but i dont know how it is held on in the first place, and access is very tight.

Thanks in advance, I also uploaded some more photos , as you can see in the first picture , where the peg is lodged is the part that is rattling

Attachments

• DSC00559.JPG
    DSC00559.JPG
    400.4 KB · Views: 26
  • DSC00555.JPG
    DSC00555.JPG
    404.2 KB · Views: 10
  • DSC00556.JPG
    DSC00556.JPG
    367.4 KB · Views: 13
sorry about the late reply had to do a journey (450 miles) to go back to the house :bang: , kept banging in more pegs when they fell out :D

i will try to bend the shield to stop it rattling, and also as a double measure put some silicone sealant round it, that should get it sorted.

Cheers for your replys:slayer:

just take it off. Mine was loose at one end on my first sporting.

All it is is a shield for the cat, its kinda hard to hit, my current cinq is lowered 40mm and i live in speed hump central and havent managed to hit it :p

does it look like the welds holding the guard are on their way out? a quick wire brush over the part thats gone and a spot of mig weld will sort it.

I would have thought that pegs, and I assume they are wooden ones, would just burn away as the cat gets very hot indeed. Good bodge though, if it works!

nothing like a good bodger!! (y)

Back