Technical Exhaust bracket rusted through + new member!

Currently reading:
Technical Exhaust bracket rusted through + new member!

kaiowas

Hiya guys. First post here, had my Cinq Sporting for just over 5 years now and I've popped in here to have a read every now and again but now I've finally registered so I can vent after todays episode of 'the FIAT experience' ;)

Finally got my rear bushes done the other week (Think they've been shot for most of the time I've had the car!) along with a rear wheel bearing.

Went out to the car this morning, exhaust looked to be hanging a little low but I had a bit of a poke and didn't really think much of it (I'm good at imagining problems with my cars).

Got a few miles down the road before I heard the unmistakable sound of metal on tarmac and pulled in thinking either I'd just knocked it off the rubber mount whilst being nosy or maybe the mate who did the work at the rear end for me hadn't mounted it properly and was rather distressed to find that the backbox was still firmly attached to the mount and the mount was still attached to the metal bracket, however the metal bracket has rusted through. ;)

Anyone know if this bracket is a convenient bolt on part which can be fixed nice and easily* or is there going to be welding involved?

*Well if you consider removing rusty bolts easy

Well things are looking up. Just got in from work and had a better look at it. The bracket does seem to be bolted on - it's a triangular piece which bolts to something pretty structural above it and also has the rear towing eye attached to it as well as the exhaust mount. Now to see if I can get the rest of it off without shearing any bolts...

/EDIT
Bah it'll have to stay on the car for now, just noticed the rear bumper is hung off it as well

Back