Exhaust back box for HGT

Currently reading:
Exhaust back box for HGT

N

Neil Griffiths

Does anyone know if you can fit a sporty back box on a '97 2.0 HGT? The baffles on mine are loose and rattle when the exhaust is cold. Also, the way the tail pipe points down at the ground makes it looks like a diesel back box - not a sporty Italian throbing machine!

You're right

It doesn't look good at all that down pointing tail pipe, but the rear bumper doesn't seem to have place to fit a sporty one... or it could be too low, near the ground.

Any other opinion?

Gonzalo.

PS: what happens if i remove the catalizer in the middle of the exhaust?

You can remove the cat & fit a new system. It gives you more power - can't remember how much. Demon Tweeks in England sell systems. They also sell back boxes, but the back box on its own is more expensive than a whole system without the cat. I was quoted £250+vat for the back box. I think you might have to cut the rear bumper to fit a sporty exhaust.

The only problem in Britain with removing the cat is thay this will stop the car passing an MOT test (i.e. illegal).

Cheers

Neil, UK

Performance exhaust

Hi...all Bravo owners , I can offer you a Special Italian exhaust system for your Bravo with Twin DTM tail pipe . If you interested please massage me .

Regards ,
Simon How
SMS performance

Info

Please send me some info about that exhaust (price, how much more power ,etc.).I have an 1.6 bravo SX and I want more power!!

Thanks in advance

Jure

bravo hlx exhaust

I would be grateful for as much info as poss on a 1996 1.8 hlx sport exhaust from the cat backwards, such as price, availability and spec.
looking forward to your response.