General Exhaust and performance chip

Currently reading:
General Exhaust and performance chip

R12MUS

Established member
hey guys,

ok i av two questions

1. i already av a Remus exhaust back box and an airfilter but i want my car to be louder.. wat can i do

i av been told there is a silencer that i can remove.. is this true?.. if so how do i do it and how much will it cost if i get it removed by a pro?

and my other question is

2. if i want to make my car faster but without spending over 300 pounds is it possible?

i av been told i can put a performance chip in for around 300 pounds but how much faster will it make my car and will i need to tell my insurance :p

are there any other suggestions

i dont want to fail my m.o.t so im not gona pass the cat-converter

Thanks for any help

Remus

Hi mate,
1. What engine do you have again?? the 16v has a centre silencer that can be removed, but the 8v dont IIRC.

2. Yep you can get the car re-mapped, from around £200. Tbh you wont get that bigga gain from it, about 7bhp and 7ftlb which aint much for the money. And also, yes you would need to tell your insurance. Best checking with them first, as some companies wont insure a car with a re-map.

Hope that helps,
Alan

Hi mate,
1. What engine do you have again?? the 16v has a centre silencer that can be removed, but the 8v dont IIRC.

2. Yep you can get the car re-mapped, from around £200. Tbh you wont get that bigga gain from it, about 7bhp and 7ftlb which aint much for the money. And also, yes you would need to tell your insurance. Best checking with them first, as some companies wont insure a car with a re-map.

Hope that helps,
Alan

ok so there aint much point in that and if i wanted to put a turbo on would it be easy to take it off and put it on again?

and its a 8v so wat else could i do?

i wana keep the remus exhaust but if i wana make it louder i need to change it right or can i just stick the remus bit on a different exhaust?

Thanks a million

its a 60bhp 8v 1.2 engine. its never going to set any land speed records and wasting moey on stupid things like chips and airfilters really wont bring any worthwhile gains.

looking at that airfilter you have, your going to be suffering from a lack of performance...

Get a GSR induction kit and Remap and you should see about 15bhp increase... heres what the GSR sounds like:

looking at that airfilter you have, your going to be suffering from a lack of performance...

Get a GSR induction kit and Remap and you should see about 15bhp increase... heres what the GSR sounds like:

YouTube - GSR Induction Kit Punto MK2 Sporting

ye i want to change the airfilter but i dont no which one to by where can i get the gsr one from and how much will it cost me and a remap is to much money isnt it?

Thanks

Remus

Back