General Evo has died

Currently reading:
General Evo has died

Sar2them

So I have a 61plate semi auto Evo. Have had it a year. There was a few niggly issues with it (cornering light randomly switching on etc) which I've had sorted.

The past few weeks there's been the odd occasion when the cars not wanted to come out of neutral, normally when trying to put it in reverse, but I happened sporadically. Recently had a mot and service and all looking well.

Decided yesterday to go camping for the weekend in Wales. Set off and last part of the journey was up hill. Car hated it, switching gears like no one's business and made a rumbling noise. It really struggled. But was fine afterwards.

Anyway made it to the campsite, pitched up the tent. Turned the car on to hear a hissing noise, a smell of burning and a bit of smoke.

Decided to try again this morning. Car wouldn't go into any gear and burning smell and smoke appearing again (from where clutch is). Also had a warning message flag up saying transmission failure, ger unavailable and check hand book.

In the end had to call aa, who took one look and Said it needed to be towed. So they towed me from Wales back to the Midlands. The car is now sat on my drive. The engine will start and there's no engine management light on but I can't do anything else with it. I do t even know where to start with what could be wrong, having read on this forum I'm not even sure if it's worth the money of trying to figure out what the problem is.

Has anyone else had the same issues?

Hi and welcome :)

The dualogic is a manual gearbox..

With a 'Robot' working the clutch and gearchanges

It sounds like something has failed..and given the mechanical parts of the clutch a hard time

How many miles on the car?
Thank you
78k on the clock

Back