Punto Evo Evo 1.4 M-Air Turbo Sporting

Currently reading:
Punto Evo Evo 1.4 M-Air Turbo Sporting

MultiBlue

Hey All,

Newbie here, now the proud owner of a 2010 Punto Evo Sporting, bought with just under 79000 miles on it, in red (I'll get pics on soon).

Had it for a month now and I'm in love with it!! My learner cars have been a Yaris, Micra and a 1.0L Fiesta so this absolutely demolished them.

3 mods i really want to make and 1 I think it needs:

New headlights - LEDs or equivalent
Body coloured side strips - drivers side is peeling!
New stereo head unit and aerial - Blue & Me is horrible lol!

It definitely needs a new clutch but that could just be me haha!!

Any advice would be much appreciated also down for meets etc.

Thanks!!

Jay

Welcome to the forum.

The head lights are fairly crap on the Evo however, its not technically legal here in the UK to change the bulbs for LED or anything else. It may benefit from cleaning the light lenses, making sure the bulbs are positioned correctly in the light unit.

The body stripes are probably better removed, as they are expensive to replace, however it is possible to get hold of them cheap sometimes as Partsworld-uk (on ebay and also have a website) have them.

Blue and me is good when it works, its just on most cars it doesn't. They also seem to be breaking down a lot as these cars get older. A new radio is cheap to obtain and can be fitted yourself.

Welcome to the forum.

The head lights are fairly crap on the Evo however, its not technically legal here in the UK to change the bulbs for LED or anything else. It may benefit from cleaning the light lenses, making sure the bulbs are positioned correctly in the light unit.

The body stripes are probably better removed, as they are expensive to replace, however it is possible to get hold of them cheap sometimes as Partsworld-uk (on ebay and also have a website) have them.

Blue and me is good when it works, its just on most cars it doesn't. They also seem to be breaking down a lot as these cars get older. A new radio is cheap to obtain and can be fitted yourself.
Thanks Andy,

I actually watched a few of your vids before picking the car up funnily enough as a "temp check" on what maintenance was like. Good shout on the head lights, I'll leave those alone!!

I'm going to sort the audio out this weekend as the inner audiophile in me can't take listening to the radio anymore!

Thanks for watching the Vids, mine is a sporting also, it is an ex dealer demo car so it had all the options ticked hence the leather interior in mine. it also got the better spec blue and me system with a sub in the boot and an aux input as well as usb, so the day my phone stops working on USB i'll simply switch to the AUX input probably with a bluetooth receiver. I really can't be bothered with changing radios these days (in my youth I used to build huge sub enclosures and install CD changer systems (just before MP3 CDs started appearing) now I'm quite happy to cope with the standard radio and radio 2 or Virgin in the morning. #gotold

Hi Jay and welcome :)

What makes you think the clutch is finished?

There are a few good summer shows..and some regional meets too

Where are you based?

Charlie
Hi Charlie, thanks for the welcome.

To be honest I probably jumped the gun a bit there I am still a novice driver so its probably just me getting used to driving in general, but theres been 2 occasions where I've definitely burnt the clutch.

Along with the aforementioned stereo swap I'm going to take the car to a garage anyway as today i noticed a knocking sound as i turned right at low speed.

I'm down in Croydon btw

Jay

Back