Technical esp hill start unavailable

Currently reading:
Technical esp hill start unavailable

jerry2

My wifes 2010 500 with about 44k sometimes doesnt have esp, hill assist start stop available even though it's a daily driver.
Sometimes its all ok.
Any reason for this ?
Cheers

My wifes 2010 500 with about 44k sometimes doesnt have esp, hill assist start stop available even though it's a daily driver.
Sometimes its all ok.
Any reason for this ?
Cheers
if you are still on the OEM battery get it changed for another one at once. Check out the forum, don't buy a rubbish battery from Fiat. I have a Bosch battery much better than Fiat's stock.

Sometimes its all ok.
Any reason for this ?
Cheers

As others have said already, a failing battery is the most likely suspect. Is yours still the original?

I know it's not much comfort, but I've had this too... intermittent loss of hill-holder function on a 2010 500 Sport, when the car was two years old. Back then, it was suggested that a dealer may have a software update that changes the 'hill angle' sensor (grade sensor) parameters, or at least recalibrates it. Perhaps, as well, try a search in this forum for "hill holder".

-Alex

I know it's not much comfort, but I've had this too... intermittent loss of hill-holder function on a 2010 500 Sport, when the car was two years old. Back then, it was suggested that a dealer may have a software update that changes the 'hill angle' sensor (grade sensor) parameters, or at least recalibrates it. Perhaps, as well, try a search in this forum for "hill holder".

-Alex

There is an update that is do do with gear position sensor and will set an error code in engine ecu of p181d, mostly sets this fault when clutch at top of travel, engine on, gear engaged and vehicle not moving, causes issue as is an impossible situation as if engine is running with a gear engaged and clutch at top of travel then the vehicle should be moving. Basically the computer assumes a fault with gear position sensor as only logical explanation is that it is in neutral but sensor registers a gear is engaged. Update changes some parameters to better calculate this scenario.

Back