Technical ESC - Traction control

Currently reading:
Technical ESC - Traction control

michael2208

Hi,

Defected to Hyundai and Kia in the recent past, now back to FIAT :)

I was wondering if anyone knows if ESC (traction control) was fitted to Panda's as standard, on a 2014 Easy?

There's a lot of contradicting info on the web.

Cheers

If ESC Traction Control is fitted there should be a button marked "T" on the dash.

From our Trekking.

IMG_7683.JPG

I believe they all have Electronic Stability Control (ESC).

There is no button or switch, it cannot be turned off.
ESC corrects under and over steer, it is not a traction or wheel slip control, but helps bring the car in line by using the ABS system when excessive steering is detected.

The "T" button on the Trekking and the "ELD" button on the 4x4 are to engage the "Traction +" and "Electronic Locking Diff" function of those models.
These are traction aids and they emulate a locked diff/s, so it diverts power away from a slipping wheel (with the brake) so it can power the other wheel/s.
A normal open diff would just continue to power the slippping wheel and not power the other wheel on that diff.
It's only on the Trekking/4x4 models and only works at slow speed.

Some Fiat models also have "ASR", these have a button in a similar postion to the "T" and "ELD" buttons to enable/disable.
"ASR" is an "Anti Slip Regulator" (traction control) and stops the wheels spinning when pulling away etc.

Last edited:
and further to Goudrons' detailed reply, ESC has become a standard requirement of all European volume cars since I think Janualry this year (low volume vehicles such as Caterham, Morgan etc are not required to have it however).

Back