Technical EOBD Mpi sei???

Currently reading:
Technical EOBD Mpi sei???

OBDII is an international standard in force on european cars since 2001 so yes it should. I'm not aware if they started using canbus on the mpi so you might just be pissing a bit more money into the wind with the more expensive one but you then "Future proof" yourself slightly better if you or someone you know has a newer car

OBDII is an international standard in force on european cars since 2001 so yes it should. I'm not aware if they started using canbus on the mpi so you might just be pissing a bit more money into the wind with the more expensive one but you then "Future proof" yourself slightly better if you or someone you know has a newer car

Thought as much - always good to check though (y)
Think I will futureproof myself - kinda what I had in mind really because my mate is looking for a new car at the moment, so will possibly come in helpful for him too.

Just about any garage with the kit will clear the codes for a tenner or so. Lots of places have OBD2 simply because it's a common protocol.

...yeah - last time i had a code cleared I was royally ripped off (was on the old car so no obd2) - £50!!!
I know better now of course, but thinking I may as well get myself a reader - handy thing to have (especially for clearing / reading codes for mates on the cheap ;))

Thanks for your input guys - really appreciate it (y)

Yeah while the AA man was installing a much larger gauge cable to my clutch after it snapped whilst parking in the road i was going(i had been sitting in a jam on the slip road so damn glad it didn't go then) I had a quick look at the old diagnostic port on my ecu after reading about the other guys projects with a reader all seems interesting but expensive if you have to go to a garage

Back