engine

Currently reading:
engine

P

pickford

ive recently started to mod my bravo, started with the basics like alloys and exhaust, was wondering and looking for advice on installing an induction kit? ive got a the sx model,
will i have any problems if i fit the induction kit i.e will it alter the running of the car?
is it pretty straight forward to fit?

would appreciate any advice,

thanks!

simple! jack the car take off the passenger side wheel take top of airbox off take out filter drop the box downwards replace wheel, fit the new filter on the pipe where old airbox was bobs ur uncle. it basically makes it sound deeper nowt really changes in performance some people say it does but ti hinkits the sound plus the thought that it makes it faster whats confuzzles people!

rascalsig.jpg

now i dont agree with u there rascal...i think induction kits make a difference in performance. it makes a difference in th epulling power at a certain rev. i put a second hand cheap filter on mine and it was strikingly different.

get a good on like BMC then ull feel it lol

Boonewsig.jpg

Its a 1.4 Chassis, 1.6 Engine and 2.0ltr Brakes and half a Marea :)

Follow My Project
Updated: 06/07/2008

I second that! miles better performance with a cone air filter and good air feed to it!

NewNMWEsig.jpg

Personally, I wouldn't remove the whole plastic air box!!!

Just remove the top & the flat filter and put the cone inside the old plastic box.

The original cold air feed will get enough air to it, and the plastic box will protect the cone from water.

Plus it saves a lot of time!!!

Or just fit a BMC flat filter :)

style5,TommyK.png

signeon-1.jpg

Come Join the 5 pot club! Almost standard Mk1 HGT 73k - 16mpg!!

well if this is true then why didnt fiat who spent thousands of pounds doing research on the induction of the engine not think hang on lets save this stress and save the money and every thing else that comes with it and just bang a cone filter on end of the air pipe! same goes for bmw mercedes audi bentley etc etc these are all top class cars that uses pannel filters.
also the the 'gains' in performace will be from replacing your old mucky ****ty filter replacing with a new filter plus a racey note is playing with your heads to make you think your going faster when really if you replaces your filter with another pannel filter you would still receive the gains lost from a mucky filter... also with the cone filter comes the heavy right foot that makes you wollop your car more for the noise which then makes you think god it is faster....??

i know what im sticking with!!

got a problem with this shaun then come to bradford n we can sort it one on one bitch!

rascalsig.jpg

rascal i do have one lol

reason why they did not put cone filters on, is because of the noise u mentioned and because it shortens the egnine life. everything u do...shortens ur enine life...even driving it lol

Boonewsig.jpg

Its a 1.4 Chassis, 1.6 Engine and 2.0ltr Brakes and half a Marea :)

Follow My Project
Updated: 06/07/2008

You can give a car to Jay or Andy..... that seriously shortens the engines life!!! :) lol

style5,TommyK.png

signeon-1.jpg

Come Join the 5 pot club! Almost standard Mk1 HGT 73k - 16mpg!!