Technical Engine vibrations at about 3000 rpm dependent on selected power

Currently reading:
Technical Engine vibrations at about 3000 rpm dependent on selected power

Zardo

too many codes
Hi,

Two years ago, I have noted some very faint engine vibrations at about 2700 - 3500 RPM which become worse when floring it, transmit into the steering wheel when the car had 160 000 km on the clock. Now the car has 189 000 km and the vibrations have become worse over time.

The vibrations disappear when putting it to neutral or with turning ignition of, even with the car going 120 km/h, so I think it unlikely to be the bearings of the front wheels
The car runs fine downhill at any speed as long as only a small amount of power is applied
The vibrations are only slighly noticeble on the flat with moderate speeds (like a steady 100 km/h or RPM below 2500)
They become worse when accelerating at those speeds especially when revs are in the range 2700 - 3500 RPM

Oil and oil filter were regularly changed and are ok. The turbo oil filter had been replaced recently (the mesh was gone).
The multiair oil filter was cleaned at about 163 000 and recently replaced
The multiair unit was replaced at about 188 000 because of sporadically appearing engine problems after cold start (which would disappear on a hot engine), these problems had been going on for about 27 000 km, depending on the season and the ambiant temperature (no problem in summer). The engine would briefly start to shake heavely with the defective multiair unit when cold and engine speed above 1500 RPM, but I would immediately switch the ignition of and then start the engine again, letting it idle until the water temperatur was over 50 degrees centigrade. It is possible that those unregularly appearing cold start issues might have worn the engine mounts.

The recent multiair replacement completely got rid of these cold start issues. The vibrations at 2700 - 3500 on a hot engine are of a different kind as those after cold start with the defective multiair unit, these vibrations persist.

I suspect it could be worn engine mounts or a problem with a partly clogged injection nozzle on one of the cylinders?

Other suggestions?

How to test for engine mount wear?

Thx

Back