Technical engine transplant(prob been covered but i need info)

Currently reading:
Technical engine transplant(prob been covered but i need info)

i recently had my sei sportin mk1 drove into by a lorry when it was parked outside my house. write off. so my auntie gave me her seicento sx 2002 becuase shes lost her license. so now so far i have done suspension work, body work is being done now, interior is finished. just an engine swap is what i want now. ive been reading through the FAQ's and older threads etc. and i know i have to get a punto 75 engine. now. would it work in the sx as i have been told it is basically a sei sporting without the funky bits (i.e body work, wheels, rev counter etc). now if i was to get hold of an engine what else would i need. like would i need the gearbox aswell or should i use the existing. the 75 ecu, cooling system or is it adequate. any help as allways much appreciated.

use the existing stuff. all fine. 2002 sx is mpi already. SX box is slightly longer geared, so u can fit a sporting box if u want.. but no need to.

ah thats ok then. so all i need to do is slightly mod the exhaust manifold as was posted in a previous thread becuase it just catches the nearside driveshaft, and something to do with the release bearing. am i right?

after about 2001/2002 all models featured the 1008cc mpi unit, mainly due to emissions I beleive, and lower production costs.

In Europe they are still being produced with this engine as we speak :)

Therefore its quite simple to swap a 75 engine into it...or if you prefer the 85 liek me :D

Kristian

ah thats ok then. so all i need to do is slightly mod the exhaust manifold as was posted in a previous thread becuase it just catches the nearside driveshaft, and something to do with the release bearing. am i right?

I foresee no probs with the bearing...I'm using the bravo 1.2 16v bearing on my sei box with no ill effects (y) I read about that but never had any probs

The exhaust is more to do with clearing the sump as the engine is taller....a spacer, or the 1242 manifold will both do the job, depending how it mate the rest of the system.

Kristian

Last edited:
ah thats ok then. ive sourced a 75 engine thats done about 40,000 miles. so im going to get it in the next couple of weeks maybe and rebuild and make it pretty before it goes in next year. think ill build up the rest of the engine mods im going to do over that time. and put them all on at the same time.

Back