General Engine swap

Currently reading:
General Engine swap

arvinleigh

Hi i have an uno mk2 fire 1990 and am thinking of swapping in a bravo 1.6 16v

does anyone know of such a conversion allready carried out? or what part will need changing ex mountings shafts etc?

Go searching on here: there are threads about this, not sure if it is the motor you are thinking of. I do remember a discussion about putting a 2.0lit engine in, and whether it would work or not.

Hi i have an uno mk2 fire 1990 and am thinking of swapping in a bravo 1.6 16v

does anyone know of such a conversion allready carried out? or what part will need changing ex mountings shafts etc?

This engine is not one that is known to have been fitted to a Uno and will require a LOT of work to fit. It's entirely different to the engines fitted to the standard Uno and none of the gearboxes will fit so you will need the Bravo gearbox as well. Therefore you will need custom mounts, driveshafts, gearchange linkages, exhaust system and you will also need to splice in the Bravo ECU. Expect more work on top of this as you are in unchartered territory.

There are much easier conversions available, most of which have been discussed already so have a search to find the threads (y)

https://www.fiatforum.com/search.php

Last edited:
today i've been to a friend of mine and yes it will fit. and i also know of an uno mk2 with the same engine. however i have 2 options

either stick everything from the bravo into the uno: engine, gearbox, shafts, hubs etc or otherwise use an uno turbo gearbox and shafts which will fit onto the bravo engine. this way only 1 mounting will need fitting rather then fitting all of them. However the only thing holding me back is that uno turbo shafts are really hard to find over here :(

I've found some shortcuts to fitting the engine an wiring..

getting a programmable ecu i can bypass all immobiliser sensors and may get past getting the dashboard out and re wiring everything.

Does anyone no of any weak points in the structure of the uno mk2 which might need reinforcment due to the new engine??

Back