Technical Engine swap question - tried the search

Currently reading:
Technical Engine swap question - tried the search

Quick question, didn't get a definite answer using the search (and i had an old thread about this with no luck)

Is the engine from punto sporting 1.2 16v the same as punto ELX 16v?

I'm asking here beacuse it's for a swap (and we sometimes know that stuff better than the punto folks :D). If there are no replies, i'll try in the punto section too.

The megasquirt arrived and i've assembled it, have the money for the engine now and would like to source it, and there are a few punto ELX engines around, so it would be great if i could fit it under the hood (same block as the 8v, hopefully?)

Thanks in advance to everyone with any info on this model, thank you very much! If it's the same, i'll reward you with some engine pics by the end of next week hopefully :)
:worship:

afaik the 1242 16v sporting and ELX share the same engine, however the block is not the same as the 8v block. it'll drop on the same mounts etc, but it'd be wrong to say its the same (different crank, pistons, rods etc)

Thank you for the great info! :)
Yes, technically it's a different block, but in this phase all i'm concerned is the mounts for it. So, i'll go visit some scrappies tomorrow, maybe take some pics of some engines, and i'll have to call a few people to see who has the best price/quality :)

Thanks again!

There's a Grande Punto 1.4 engine and gearbox with all the ancillaries on Fleabay. Not cheap but it looks clean. Ref 250494453995

Now THAT would be cool in a Sei. ;D

There's a Grande Punto 1.4 engine and gearbox with all the ancillaries on Fleabay. Not cheap but it looks clean. Ref 250494453995

Now THAT would be cool in a Sei. ;D

Already (in effect) done (although folk used the Stilo 1.4 16v). Foxyemz track car (Cinq) has that lump -- check out the thread. No-one has bothered -- I think -- to do it with the 8v. That particular engine seems way overpriced and has done lots of short, short trips..............

Last edited:
Already (in effect) done (although folk used the Stilo 1.4 16v). Foxyemz track car (Cinq) has that lump -- check out the thread. No-one has bothered -- I think -- to do it with the 8v. That particular engine seems way overpriced and has done lots of short, short trips..............

I can't believe he advertised the fact that work is only 3 miles away...
So a GP's 1.4 8v will drop into a Sei just like a Stilo's 1.4 16v?

Back