engine steam clean

Currently reading:
engine steam clean

S

shenmu

sorry this is my 2nd post,had engine steam cleaned wont start,trying to fire,put new plugs in and all leads are sparking,does anyone know what else could be damp with the engine.

...Or get it towed to the Sahara desert and try starting after a couple of days.

why do we steam clean our engines when it causes us so many problems?

AdBoxster.jpg

I cleaned my engine last summer and must have got something damp the car wouldnt start but i left it over the weekend and it started, saying that though i only sprayed some multipurpose cleaner through a bottle and wiped it! i didnt steam clean it! and it was summer.

i was always told that if you're blasting the engine you should start the car before doing it - so then you know it is runnung! ;)

Don't know if there is any truth in it, but I am sure I read somewhere that before you do a steam wash, you should ensure that the engine has reached operating temperature to ensure rapid water evaporation after cleaning.

Could be wrong, it may be the complete opposite, but it kind of makes sense.

At our garage we regularly steam clean engines (it makes a massive difference to the customers satisfaction) but things to do before u do steam it is

make sure the steamer is on steam and not high pressure
check where the ECU is, dont wet it :)
keep the engine running when ur steaming it
keep away from the leads and distributor too

if the engine cuts out, unplug all your connectors, dry them out, however u like, then spray dw40 on them.

this always works for us