Technical Engine Stalling Problem

Currently reading:
Technical Engine Stalling Problem

Rich

Former FIAT Obsessive
Hey All

Next problem with the yella fella! Noticed today, started the engine (was cold), put it in first, drove out of my lane and up the hill to the end of the road. As I was coming up to the end of the road, I dipped the clutch and started braking, and the engine stalled. It continued this pattern for about half a minute, where the revs would fall and not recover. In the end it stopped it.

It's done this to me before. Any ideas? Just put in new plugs so it can't be that (it's done it before the plugs were changed). Maybe the throttle body clean needs doing?

Wouldnt hurt checking if it needs cleaning Rich would it as its an easy job to do I'm quite surprised how much muck gets to that point actually do it and disconect battery to reset ECU :)

Decided to do it today - gonna do the 1.6 too if it's outside (don't know if mum has taken it to work or not).

Failing that, along with it's infrequent inability to start when warm, maybe coolant sensor could do with replacing? If the car thinks the engine is warmer than it is, it could be not putting enough fuel in.

Back