Technical Engine sqeuels/whines when hot. 2012 1,2

Currently reading:
Technical Engine sqeuels/whines when hot. 2012 1,2

Cold theres no probs. Spins nice. I have renewed the Generator to a new. Same. The Timing chain was changed 2-3 Months ago. By experience from our other Puntos I had the belt tightened just a little bit looser than what the marks on the supportwheelmarkers suggest. It is a spring loaded wheel. I choosed the SKF timing belt set because of reputation.
So now I am trying to loosen the Belt a little more. Some say that the Belt may get to tight on a hot engine due to the engine expanding just a little.
Will start it in a little while, but I have to drive at least 30-40 km before the Problem shows up.
I know that the Waterpump and the tightener wheel could be faulty. But why only hot then??
I did take the oillid off while it was whining. No change.
What could I be missing?
Thanks for a very competent site we have here. With 3 Puntos in the close family, even a very nessecary one.

Should be the opposite - cold engine, unpleasant sounds. Hot engine = things smooth out.
If you talk about "chain" in 1,2 petrol engine, we can't trust you with your job...
These are simple engines, procedure is straight forward (and you don't have to mess with VVT wheel if you have one).
Example (read whole thing): https://www.fiatforum.com/threads/1-2-8v-evo-2-engine-cam-belt-replacement.237966/

But, these are not luxury cars, some noises are acceptable to some extent. You should know this if you have experience with "3 Puntos".
Maybe try to record the sounds that bother you (and put it on YouTube), so we can hear and judge (is it really any bad).
With too much tension on the belt, the tensioner bearing can spit the grease, check that.

Yes. As stated a bit later in my post. Its a belt. :) Just shows the pressure I am on when my Darlings dont run as expected. But the fault seems to have been found. The Belt-tightener. I just checked again. Its been on for around ½ year and 10000 km. It absolutely feels great albeit a bit resistant compared to the older ones I still have. So I changed to an old warn one and the sound disappeared. It guaranteedly wasnt overtightened.
Maybe I want trust SKF too much in the future. Sadly.
Thanks for the input. Its all a help.

Back