Technical engine revving when idle

Currently reading:
Technical engine revving when idle

punto 60s

Hi all,

When i stop at traffic lights etc my punto starts to rev up to approx 1500-2000 revs then drops back to normal again, on one occassion it went all the way up thought the car was going to blow up, and on the odd occassion it doesnt rev at all. can someone please help me. The car is going great apart from this hiccup.

punto 60s

check the intake manifold pipes / hoses are not split i had this a few years ago on a motor doing the same engine gets more air and sucks the fuel through so revs up on own.. worth a look!

I had the same problem with the MK2 punto, where the revs were picking up itself, instead of going through the sensors and fault finding i went to a local breakers and bought a throttle body for much cheapness and havent had a problem since *touches wood*

I had this issue when i changed to a Mcrich chip. I think it was still learning, since i have other mods. Turned off engine, waited, turned back on, never came back again.

I had this problem last year with my Mk1 punto, after being told it was probably the stepper motor, I took it for a second opinion and the guy fixed it by adjusting the spark plugs!

Back