Technical Engine Question

Currently reading:
Technical Engine Question

Excuse my ignorance but havnt worked on a carbed panda before so don't be too harsh. Trying to get the engine running sweet for panda panda and we have found a couple of possible issues.

We have this loose tube which come from the distributor but not sure where it should go:
ImageUploadedByFIAT Forum1396096634.964038.jpg

Also on the carb there are two barbs with nothing on but appear something may have been there, what are they for?
ImageUploadedByFIAT Forum1396096754.556073.jpg

Yea the pipe should go into a barb at the back of the carb but it's split so will need fixing or replacing but wasn't essential to getting it running.

From what I can gather the front two barbs don't have anything connected to them.

right.. the 2 barbs are unused. they are for running water through the carb from the cooling system. not needed in the UK so never piped in from factory.

the vacuum advance pipe going to the distributor plugs onto the back of the carb. theres also another shorter pipe (used to open the choke on tickover) that also plugs onto another barb at the back of the carb. this short pipe is prone to splitting where you cant see it causing terrible running..

the vac advance pipe (one that goes to the distributor) is very long.. so just cut some off that and replace the short pipe with the off cut from the long pipe... its what i did on Talon.

not been on he forum for a while.. big changes happening in my life at the moment so i may be on and off ish on here.

right.. the 2 barbs are unused. they are for running water through the carb from the cooling system. not needed in the UK so never piped in from factory.

the vacuum advance pipe going to the distributor plugs onto the back of the carb. theres also another shorter pipe (used to open the choke on tickover) that also plugs onto another barb at the back of the carb. this short pipe is prone to splitting where you cant see it causing terrible running..

the vac advance pipe (one that goes to the distributor) is very long.. so just cut some off that and replace the short pipe with the off cut from the long pipe... its what i did on Talon.

not been on he forum for a while.. big changes happening in my life at the moment so i may be on and off ish on here.

Could they be piped in easily though out of interest?

And hope things are ok with you John.

Back