Technical Engine Oil Leak

Currently reading:
Technical Engine Oil Leak

fiatinjeti

Last week my Palio's engine oil light was glowing in the dashboard. The ride was smooth. I thought its time to change the engine oil and I took the car to the mechanic. Before filling it with the fresh engine oil mechanic was emptying. Surprisingly, just 200ml came out of the engine. Mechanic said that there's a leak, not under the engine because the cap under the engine is good but somewhere around the engine. Please let me know what to do.

What to do? Once the oil pressure light comes on damage is being done, it is NOT a low oil light, it is a low oil PRESSURE light.

So... in future...
1)Stick to the regular oil change periodicity in your Handbook / Owners manual.
2)Check the oil weekly, while you check look for leaks & check all fluid levels.
3)Top up as required (dont overfill) but use the right type & grade.

But before you do all that.... investigate & find any fluid leak, your oil loss is probably cam cover gasket.

If there is no visible leak you must be burning it. :p

Last edited:
Hi, Thanks for your reply and suggestions. Now I filled with the new engine oil and the light is not glowing. I want to know what needs to be done to avoid low oil pressure. Please tell me. Thanks.

Simply by keeping the level of oil correct, the warning wont come on if you keep the oil level right, unless of course you have either a faulty oil pressure switch, the oil pump is worn or the oil filter is blocked (your mechanic did put in a new one didnt he?)

Yes, my mechanic has put a new oil filter and filled engine oil to the brim and now the light is not glowing. Thanks

Back