Technical Engine Noise

Currently reading:
Technical Engine Noise

GarethB

This afternoon I noticed a whirring sound coming from the engine when going from 1st to 2nd to 3rd. I have a JTD 1.9 (02) Stilo.

This was followed by my heater problem in previous thread "Heater"

Hi all,

I've done a little more investigation into this engine noise.
The noise is present when removing my foot off the accelerator (at speed, eg changing gears quickly) and it is more of a whoosing noise, as if air is being sucked into or through a tube.

Any help appreciated.

I had a noise that was coming from mine when i had my foot on the accelerator :confused:

turned out it was my intercooler air hose that had split, and was causing a whosshin/hissing noise :eek:

that was on a JTD 115 aswell :eek:

Thanks for that will take a look. But after further driving the noise is only made when I am accellerating and physically removing my foot off the accellerator.

Here we go then, just been out to look if I have any broken cracked pipes as suggested by JFL. Upon opening the bonnet I noticed a strong smell of exhaust fumes. Went and had a look at what was coming out of the exhaust and got nothing. Absolutely nothing coming through, however I can't get underneath at the moment to check where it has come apart. Guess the garage is my next port of call.

Well found out what the problem is. My exhaust had snapped, getting repaired this week.

Well, got a new front section of exhaust. It cost £110 fitted. Engine Noise has disappeared.

I had a noise that was coming from mine when i had my foot on the accelerator :confused:

turned out it was my intercooler air hose that had split, and was causing a whosshin/hissing noise :eek:

that was on a JTD 115 aswell :eek:

Josh, I go this by the sound of it and whilst performance is fine the whooshing is annoying. Where is this hose thingy, any idea?

Back