Punto Evo Engine/ Neutral position sensor

Currently reading:
Punto Evo Engine/ Neutral position sensor

Tracy98

Hi all my start/stop hasn’t worked for over a year but after having a black box fitted with my insurance I had an email saying there was a problem with my vehicle picked up from the telematics box Engine/ Neutral position sensor I thought nothing of this as I thought it was just to do with the start/stop function. However after driving out the other day and getting back in my car 2 hours later my car wouldn’t start I had to be bumped and on the way home I lost power twice in a 10 minute journey causing me to have to be bumped everytime to get restarted, I had someone look at it and they can’t see anything wrong battery is fine etc then I remembered the error message and wondered if this would make the car cut out and not start?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all my start/stop hasn’t worked for over a year but after having a black box fitted with my insurance I had an email saying there was a problem with my vehicle picked up from the telematics box Engine/ Neutral position sensor I thought nothing of this as I thought it was just to do with the start/stop function. However after driving out the other day and getting back in my car 2 hours later my car wouldn’t start I had to be bumped and on the way home I lost power twice in a 10 minute journey causing me to have to be bumped everytime to get restarted, I had someone look at it and they can’t see anything wrong battery is fine etc then I remembered the error message and wondered if this would make the car cut out and not start?

Hi

What fiat..?

Which engine and gearbox ?

Unless its a duologic semi.auto..

Most likely issue could be a failing main earth cable

From battery to engine/ gearbox ;)

Fiat Punto evo 2010 1.4
Oh ok So nothing to do with the engine/neutral sensor?

Fiat Punto evo 2010 1.4
Oh ok So nothing to do with the engine/neutral sensor?

Hi again.

Is this an automatic?

Would make a little more sense with that fault message if it was :)

I suspect its a basic electrical problem though

Your Evo is basically the same as this Grande.. ;)

https://www.fiatforum.com/grande-punto/318839-electrical-gremlin-thread.html

Last edited:
Back