Currently reading:
General Engine mounting

Thats your answer... 121bhp on the 1108cc
121bhp - 8800rpm
124Nm - 7000rpm
It has 4x 40mm Trottelbodys.

Made by Leone Motor Sport
http://www.leonemotorsport.it/P_228_CINQUECENTO.html

About the 1368cc 8V engine with more than 150bhp, I found this artikel.
It is not the one I ment, but you can read some.
http://www.italiaspeed.com/2007/motor_shows/autosport_international/fiat/panda_evoluzione/1501.html
This i with 1 TB, with 4TBs the power is 162bhp.

Well, both are full race engines. The Leone one has some titanium pieces and runs a CR of 12 to 1! Technical Italian is difficult, by I think it has lightened rods (possibly crank), much of the valve train in titanium, big valves and a steel crank. Note that a (close ratio?) 6 speed box is available (and, presumably, necessary).

How much money do you have, Steffan?

Here some pics of the 1.4 16v car which finished 3rd in the national endurance racing championship.

I'd lay odds that the Polski one cost a lot less to develop.

Well, both are full race engines. The Leone one has some titanium pieces and runs a CR of 12 to 1! Technical Italian is difficult, by I think it has lightened rods (possibly crank), much of the valve train in titanium, big valves and a steel crank. Note that a (close ratio?) 6 speed box is available (and, presumably, necessary).

How much money do you have, Steffan?

Here some pics of the 1.4 16v car which finished 3rd in the national endurance racing championship.

I'd lay odds that the Polski one cost a lot less to develop.

Money... well. im planning about 5000pounds. If it takes 2years to build it, its okay with me.

But okay, its a 1368 engine with 8V head, 300C&B cam and 4TBs, lets see what its deleveres... and in what rpm...
No one can tell.

That Toyota's doing very well! I'd guess it's been stripped a few times?
Apparently not, he'd planed to do the rebuild around the 25'000 or so with the road to track miles ratio the car sees. Also the torque output of the engine hasn't increased much, it's just making that sort of torque over a very wide rpm range where as most cars operating with this kind of piston travel would be pushing the torque specs right up.

Though the maintenance for this car is eye watering try about £80 to £100 for oil changes every 2000 miles :eek:, not many people would put up with that kind of budget.

Last edited:
I think if you ask the right people where you work, bits of ti and inconel will magically appear in your lunch box. ;)

You could probably -- I think Piper might already do this -- get away with valve spring retainers (the platforms, not the collets) in aluminium alloy and it should be possible to convert the bucket and shim arrangement to shim under bucket rather than shim on top of bucket (some discussion in Bell on the merits of doing this): you might be able to use Ducati opening shims: I think some (depends on the engine) are 7mm.

Back