Technical engine mods on Uno Turbo

Currently reading:
Technical engine mods on Uno Turbo

Alright,
here's the plan, i want something that will increase performance but not hinder reliability.
Nothing over the top but stuff that i will actually notice a difference in.
My Uno already has the turbo upgraded from standard, has a k & N (yes i know, not everyones fav but it was already on and does the job fine!).

If i was to put a ss exhaust one, would it make enough of a gain that i would notice? i hate boy racer noisy stuff....
intercoolers, b1tch to fit, but worth the hassle?! stevenz, if your reading this beware.... you know how good i am with engines, you may well be getting a call in '07 :devil:

what else would anyone recommend to try to get some gains out of it?!
i want to run mid 14's on the 1/4 mile and at the mo i am at mid 15's, practice will make a bit of difference but so will engine mods....

Any help is got to be good help! :eek:
Cheers

get yourself a pace alloy intercooler, it fits in where the original one goes so easy to fit, have you thought about getting a performance camshaft?

you will need a stainless steel exhaust system if you still have the standard one as the standard one is restrictive. have it all set up on a rolling road and it should go much faster. to get a 1 second faster 1/4 mile is going to need a lot more power.

i know to get 1 second off the time is asking some, but like i said getting some practice in should make it quicker, my first 3 runs i got it from 15.8 to 15.3 so i reckon i could shave it to arouns 15 with practice.

as for the alloy intercooler sounds a plan, who supplies them?! is it a case of removing the old one and fixing the new one straight on?

deffo go for another exhaust, also make some ducting for the airfilter to feed it cold air,
ditch the interior? would help the 1/4 time

The turbo is probably good for an another 50HP on what its got now. Anymore power and you'll be out of fuel though. Save for an ECU and some injectors if you want to get serious. I had one to fit but never got round it to. Exhaust and intercooler is a must though, may as well get that sorted. Come see me in the new year ;)

Last edited:
Back